Chapter Two: Fangirling

V quickly this is ur team~
Captain:
You, #1, in your third year and you're also the ace you lucky duck.
Wing Spikers:
Hana Yukika #2 (3rd year)–Vice captain/wing spiker
Tengan Mio #5 (3rd year)
Urita Etsuko #13 (2nd year)
Yada Tamai #11 (1rst year)
Kazehaya Miki #14 (1rst year)
Libero:
Enomoto Michi #12 (3rd year)
Setter:
Iha Dori #4 (3rd year)–Setter/pinch server
Yokono Ochiyo #9 (2nd year)
Onoue Iyo #10 (1rst year)
Middle Blockers:
Arata Chino #8 (3rd year)
Seki Naora #7 (2nd year)
Hirose Sui #6 (1rst year)
Miyata Sanako #3 (1rst year)

"Oikawa-senpai is here." Yada Tamai, one of the first year wing spikers, gasped while the team was warming up. "And he's watching us!"

(F/n) could've sworn she saw stars in the first years eyes.

(F/n) glanced up at the stands to confirm it for herself, and sighed a little in disappointment. The captain of the male volleyball club was annoying, mostly because whenever he stopped in the hall ten thousand fangirls went up to him, which frequently blocked her way. He also had a pretty fake personality. She could tell even though the two have never spoken to one another. She was happy to see her cousin and fellow ace there too, though.

She twirled a volleyball in her hands, rocking on her heels a little bit. "Don't get distracted by him, remember. We still have a game to play."

Yada nodded, and tossed to a setter and fellow classmate, Onoue Iyo. "You got it, senpai!" The girl called.

The captain sighed, and began practicing with her fellow third years.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Remember, team! This is a competition, not a war. Don't get scared, don't run away, remain calm, and do your best. Don't let me down!" (F/n) finished her short speech with a clap of her hands, and her teammates nodded bravely.

They all did their classic cheer before splitting up.

"(L/n)-chan! Nice serve!" The setter, and fellow classmate, Iha Dori called. (F/n) gave a small nod, before tossing up her ball after the refs whistle, doing her trademark float serve.

Her favourite thing about this serve was that people expected something more powerful. Being the captain of the girls team at Aoba Johsai, people always expected her to serve like her male counterpart, Oikawa Tooru. But she, of course, did not, and this gave her team the upper hand.

The game went smoothly from there, except for her near pride damaging experience with that trip. Luckily, she received the ball and got it to the setter before she rolled on her back, making herself look pretty cool in the process.

Her spike, which she'd been working on, was near to flawless. The roars from the stands above fuled her teams excitement. They finally won the game thanks to Yada, who did an amazing spike as well.

"We'll definitely get you next time!" The opposing captain promised, shaking her hand firmly.

"I'd love to see that." (F/n) smirked, and the two let out short laughs.

The other captain gave her a nod. "Good game."

"Backatcha."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Did you see Oikawa-senpai?" Miyata Sanako, one of the first year middle blockers, said to Yada.

Yada nodded excitedly. "I know! He seemed really concentrated on the game! He even looked concerned when (L/n) tripped."

"Ladies, quit fangirling. You're bugging the captain." Tengan Mio, one of the third year wing spikers, said, leaning against the wall and chugging some water from a water bottle.

"Oi! Tengan!" Iha pulled the water bottle away from her teammate. "You'll get hiccups if you drink so fast! Slow down!"

"They weren't bugging me!" (F/n) defended herself with a huff, running a towel along her face to get rid of the sweat.

"Oo! (L/n)-senpai, did you see my spike!?" Yada asked, dropping the topic from before almost instantly.

"You won the game for us, Yada! I'm so proud of you!" (F/n) grinned, grabbing her fellow teammates hands, discarding her towel, and spinning around with her for a moment, laughing.

She prided herself on being able to lift the team up so easily. The team prided themselves for having an amazing captain.

Hana Yukika, the vice captain and amazing third year wing spiker, tossed an ice pack to the captain when she finished fooling around with Yada. "I saw you trip on your own feet. You kicked your ankle. That'll most definitely bruise. Be more careful, you could've sprained it, man."

"Thanks bro." (F/n) said, walking over to the wall and sitting next to a few of her more exhausted teammates.

"That was a killer spike." Enomoto Michi, mostly called Moto-chan for short, the libero, complimented before taking a drink of water.

"Thanks, Moto." (F/n) grinned. "That receive you did was perfect. I'm sure Noya-san would be proud."

The girls team were surprisingly close the the Karasuno team, sometimes may or may not be giving hints on how to battle the boy's team here. (F/n) had been able to gain their captain, Daichi's, respect when she managed to receive one of the monster spikes Hinata did before she even stretched.

"I'll have to tell him about it." Moto grinned, and (F/n) nodded to her classmate in agreement.

"Hey! (F/n)!" A familiar voice called, and the captain turned to look down the hall to see her cousin, and the captain of the males volleyball team.

She stood up, wrapping a bandage around the ice pack to secure it to her ankle while she walked. It was easier than holding it and hopping towards the boys, and one thousand percent less humiliating.

"Congratulations on that win." Hajime said, holding out a hand. (F/n) gave it a shake, and grinned at him.

"Thanks, man. Hey, Oikawa-san." She greeted the captain with a small nod, stepping back and looking at the boys properly.

Oikawa waved, smiling at her in a way that would make any fangirl scream. "(F/n)-chan! That was one amazing serve!"

"(L/n) is fine by me." She corrected the setter quickly, earning a few whistles and snickers from her teammates.

"Shut down." She heard Tengan whisper from behind her. (F/n) shot the wing spiker a glare over her shoulder. She snickered.

"And yes, that serve gives us the upper hand in many matches." (F/n) added, turning back to the two males. "Jeez, Hajime, you never get shorter, do you?" That sentence had two meanings. One, he was pretty short compared to the captain and the other third years on his team, but it also meant that she herself was shorter than him, and wanted to get taller than him. Very much.

"HEY–"

"Oh, sorry, I promised to treat my team to ice cream if we won the match. We clearly did, so I have to go now. See you tomorrow, ace." She punched her cousins shoulder quickly, and sauntered off to round up her team and depart down the hall.

"That's unfair. She didn't say goodbye to me too." Oikawa whined, earning a smack from the male standing next to him.