Chapter Twenty-Five: A Promise Kept

(F/n) dropped her shoes and ran right over to Hana, nearly knocking her over in a hug. The other third years began crying, even Arata, who was normally calm and collected. They all gathered in a tight group hug.

The rest of the team began to tear up, too. The boy's team came down (along with Iwaizumi and (B/n), who'd returned to the match after they found out (F/n) was okay), and joined Oikawa, watching the female team emotionally congratulate themselves.

"We did it!" Iha shook her captains shoulders. "I knew we could! And you became an ace and a captain, (F/n)-chan! You did it! We did it! We kept our promise!"

The captain laughed at the mention of this promise the third years had made oh so long ago, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "Shut up! I'm just here to keep you all in line! You're the amazing ones!"

This promise was one that they'd never forget. Their first and last day of their first High school Preliminaries, all the way back in first year.

"Oi, (F/n)-chan!" Her captain, Kota, called to her as she walked into practice. "Please cherish your body more."

The rest of the team turned to look at her. She had bruises and scratches littering her legs, and an elbow brace on her left arm. She also had to immobilize her ring and middle fingers due to a block gone wrong.

"But if I don't practice I won't make it to the preliminaries with you guys! And I won't become an ace!" She said in defence, and her first year teammates nodded in agreement. Yep. Every single one of the first years were reckless idiots.

Their captain sighed, and the vice captain patted her arm with a tired smile. "Lets just hope we make it through the first game, okay, (F/n)-chan? Then we'll worry about being an ace."

The first year sighed, but nodded, calling to her childhood friend, Hana, to give her the best tosses she had.

They'd lost their first game a week later. The moment they left the gymnasium, they were glared at by the other teams. Then Shiratorizawa had to butt in, the captain telling the other flatly that they were going to make it to the finals and not Seijoh.

That's when (F/n) walked right past her captain and up to her enemy with one of the scariest glares the team had ever seen her wear. The other first years simply smirked.

"I promise that the day I become captain, we'll crush you guys and go to Nationals!" She said this with such clarity and intensity that this caused Shiratorizawa's captain to step back.

Hana nodded, Enomoto jumped up in the air with a 'whoop', and both Tengan and Iha smirked.

"We won't disappoint you guys!" Hana pointed out.

"Watch your back!" Enomoto called as the first years were being dragged away as the captain endlessly apologized.

Seijoh's female team decided to make her wish come true, however, and the day the third years graduated, they told the new second year captain to make (F/n) the vice captain, even though she was a year behind.

That was also the day she became the official and regular ace of the soon to be powerhouse team.

"You helped us achieve our goals, (F/n)!" Enomoto pointed out. Arata and Tengan nodded in agreement.

"Alright, were all tired here." Kazehaya, who was beginning to become the second team mom (Arata being the first), pulled the third years apart. "We still have the award ceremonies to get to."

"Noooo." (F/n) whined, and the boy's team chuckled.

-------------------------------------------------------

They'd gotten permission to stay and watch Karasuno's and Shiratorizawa's match, and they cheered their hearts out. The boy's team weren't as enthusiastic, so they hung out by the busses. Except for Oikawa, Iwaizumi and
(B/n), who decided to stay behind.

The moment they were on the road, everyone was knocked out, except for Matsun, Makki, Tengan and Iha, who were taking pictures for the purpose of blackmail.

The boy's team had cheered so much they drained almost all of their energy. The girls were definitely going to have sore muscles tomorrow. Five sets, no matter how much stamina the team had, was going to be hard on them.

Luckily, tomorrow was the weekend.

(F/n) was done for in the back of the bus, along with Oikawa, the two leaning on each other and out like a light. Matsun took a picture for blackmailing purposes (and the team photo album), fist bumping Makki in the process.

(B/n) attempted calling (F/n)'s phone, to which Iwaizumi took from her bag and answered groggily, already half asleep.

"Can she stay at your house for the night? Your house is closer and you guys actually have the supplies for her scratches and sprained wrist." The college graduate asked him.

"As long as you don't care if Oikawa's staying for the night, too." Iwaizumi muttered, glancing at the two sleeping captains.

"Nah, its good. I'll drop her stuff off." (B/n) said. "And by the way, has she noticed on your captains crush on her, yet?"

Iwaizumi blinked in mild surprise. "I didn't even think it was that obvious."

"Iha-chan told me, so it probably isn't. Not enough for (F/n) to notice, anyways." Her brother chuckled. "Anyways, thanks, Shrimpy!"

"DON'T CALL ME–"

The line went dead, and the last of Iwaizumi's energy deflated, his head falling onto his cousins shoulder and sandwiching her between him and Oikawa, giving Matsun and Makki more blackmail material. They quickly waved Tengan and Iha over, who snapped several more pictures of the dorky scene.

The coaches wondered if they had endless energy.

The main reason for this chapter was to be adorkable. You're all welcome.

Thank y'all again for 1k!!