Chapter Ten: Decisions

"He what?" Arata asked. Three of the female third years were currently working on a class project.

(F/n) shrugged, looking down from her part of the speech she was writing. "He invited me to his practice." She twirled her pencil in her left hand.

"So that's why you two were talking earlier?" Iha asked, frowning a little. "That's weird. But I did see Makki and Matsun grinning like maniacs behind his back."

"Hm." The volleyball captain tapped her chin with the end of her pencil. "They probably made a bet."

"That's never good." Arata sweatdropped, and the other two nodded in agreement.

"You know, Oikawa-san is acting a little funny to me." Iha said, taking (F/n)'s paper and beginning to edit it. "He seems a little annoyed about how you don't fawn over him, (L/n)."

"What?" The (e/c) girl blinked. "Really? I need to be a little more observant."

"Yeah, now that you point it out." Arata nodded, casting a glance over her shoulder to look over at Oikawa and his group with Iwaizumi and some other classmate. "He's really not taking any consideration whatsoever to your annoyance at his whining."

(F/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh."

"Huh? That's it? That's all you say about our revolutionary discovery?" Iha huffed, handing the girl her now edited speech back.

"Well, sorry!" The ace muttered. "I can't really react super loudly, can I? They're right over there."

"You should ask Iwaizumi-kun about it." Arata suggested. "He'll give you a straight answer."

(F/n) frowned, looking down at her paper and reading Iha's editor notes. "I'm not so sure. Those two have been friends since childhood. Do you really think he'll spill?"

"Catch him off guard with the question." Arata suggested. "You're really good at prying. I'm sure you'll get to him."

"Or you can ask Oikawa-san himself." Iha suggested, to which (F/n) rapidly shook her head at.

"We've already dug really deep into their behaviour. I want them to underestimate us." The captain said with intensity. "I don't want any excess information to slip before we're ready to let it out."

Iha and Arata nodded thoughtfully. "You're right." Arata considered.

The entire female team distanced themselves as much as they could from the male team just for this reason: information. They all agreed that they'd one day make it into Volleyball Monthly, but they wanted to go into it with a bang. All by themselves. Not by slipped info from another team.

"Are you still going to go to the practice?" Iha asked, placing her chin in the palm of her hand.

(F/n) shrugged. "I think I will."

Under the table, you could see Arata slip Iha ten bucks, then they all returned to their speeches, their captain completely oblivious to what had just happened.

-------------------------------------------------------

"(F/n)-chan! (F/n)-chan!" Oikawa ran up to the female captain, dragging her to his table which he was sharing with with Makki, Matsun and Iwaizumi.

"I-I was going to meet up with Seki to help her with-" She tried to desperately explain. Seki Naora was one of her middle blockers, who was trying desperately to be a regular member on the team.

"You can explain to her later that you were kidnapped." Makki said, peeling his orange.

Oikawa sat her down, and he plopped down next to her. "You don't have a lunch, (F/n)-chan!" He said, his eyes widening at her.

"No shit." She huffed, folding her arms. "Like I said, I was going to teach Seki how to improve."

"Stop complaining. You're worse than him." Iwaizumi muttered, nodding towards Oikawa.

"So rude, Iwa-chan!" The setter yelped.

"You guys are useless. I'm going." The female ace got up and left before they could complain.