Chapter Thirty: Early Fall

(So I looked up Japanese school terms and stuff I'm trying guys I just want Christmas fluff don't get mad at me pls (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩_-̩̩̩-̩̩̩). So like the school year begins in April and ends around December correct me if I'm wrong?? If I am I'll go back and rewrite some stuff which I'll probs do anyway but still. Sorry sorry I'm sorry I'm such a bad writer forgive meh pls (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩_-̩̩̩-̩̩̩))

The next day, the first leaves of autumn began to fall down, littering the grey concrete sidewalks and roads with scarlet and yellow. Puddles from last nights apparent rain fall made the smell of rotting leaves more prominent.

Birds sang loudly, filling the fresh air with joyful music. The sky was a deep sapphire blue, and puffy clouds would occasionally blot out the early sun while they drifted on a wind current.

(F/n) sucked in a deep breath, inhaling as much of the early fall smell as she could. Hana, who'd walked with her to school, gave her a judgemental look. (F/n) just scowled back.

"(F/n)-chan!" Oikawa ran up to the girls, skidding to a stop beside them then ducking behind the third year ace and peeking over her shoulder fearfully.

Hana and the poor girl exchanged a glance.

"Are you using me as a human shield?" (F/n) twisted her head to look at him, raising a confused eyebrow.

Oikawa merely nodded, squinting his eyes and moving backwards, forcing (F/n) to cover him while he did. "Iwa-chan is angry. Makki and Matsun think we're playing hide and seek."

"Then why the fuck are you bringing me into this?" The ace hissed, trying to shake his hands off her shoulders, her ears turning pink.

"Dude," Hana trailed after the two. "What did I say about trying to steal my girlfriend?"

"Yeah. You're destroying true love, man." (F/n) hopped aboard the joke train with Hana. "Super inconsiderate of you."

"You're being inconsiderate for complaining about hiding me." Oikawa poked the girl's back. "If you were a good person who was considerate and didn't complain, you would allow me to stay."

"No, Oikawa. Just no." (F/n) huffed.

Just then, Hajime sprinted into the school grounds with an extremely pissed off face. People who were just entering quickly cleared the way for the angry ace.

"Hajime!" (F/n) rose a hand and waved at her cousin. His head snapped towards her, and Oikawa yelped.

"Rude, (F/n)-chan! Betrayal! How dare you!" Oikawa yelled as he scrambled away from her, running towards the school and away from Iwaizumi. "I'll get you after this!"

"I'd like to see you try!" (F/n) called back to him as Hajime sprinted past the two girls.

Hana cocked an eyebrow at her captain. "You know that when you two are together, you'll have to constantly act as a human shield for him?"

"Shut up, Hana." The ace of huffed, turning her nose in the air, earning a laugh from her vice captain. (F/n) shot the girl a glare, and began walking up to the school.

Hana was surprised that Oikawa's fangirls hadn't full on targeted her captain yet. There was always at least one person glaring  whenever (F/n) was walking around nowadays. Maybe it was just how intimidating she seemed to be, or because she was related to Iwaizumi, one of the scariest students in the entire universe.

Or maybe it was because of Iha and Tengan. The two were rarely separated from each other, and seemed to keep an eye out for their captain. Hana knew of more than one time they had teamed up on someone to defend their captain, and almost one third of these incidents were when (F/n) wasn't there.

It was probably a mix. You never messed with Tengan and Iha, and you never pissed Iwaizumi off. And you never insulted or disrespected (F/n) in front of herself, as hell would most likely be unleashed.

Hana smiled in satisfaction. Nothing could hurt her captain. She was one of the most untouchable people on the planet.

She ran after (F/n), and the two stuck up a conversation on their show, feeding each other interesting theories and some hypotheses on their favourite characters.

To this day, Hana will never understand how (F/n) fell in love with the psychopath of the show.

"He's definitely going to die." (F/n) pointed out. "There are so many signs. But maybe they're gonna kill off another character and are just using him as a distraction, you know?"

Hana nodded. "Yeah, I think that's what'll happen."

The bell rang, and the two separated, promising to talk about it later, and went to class.

A few moments after she sat down, Oikawa slunk into the room with a red sore on his head, most likely from either falling down while Iwaizumi was chasing him or Iwaizumi actually managing to catch him.

"I'm sorry." (F/n) snicker behind her hand as Oikawa sat down next to her.

Oikawa folded his arms and stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. "You're so mean, (F/n)-chan."

"Did I not say sorry? Does that still make me mean?" She placed a hand on her chest in mock offence. "You wound me."

"I'm the one with the actual wound!" He whined.

(F/n) rolled her eyes, and patted his head. His hair was surprisingly soft.

Oikawa was thankful that she either didn't notice or point out his flushed ears.