Chapter Nineteen: Brutal

Seijoh's girl team had won just like that. (F/n)'s brother had gotten the last few points on video, which were scary to say the least. The moment the game was over, he sent it to Hajime,and Daichi of the Karasuno team.

(F/n) shook hands with the opposing captain stiffly and without words, before going to her team and packing up. Enomoto went over to hug her and tell her that she'd be able to play in nationals, and her captain's entire demeanour washed away, and she smiled.

This was a huge relief to the rest of the third years. They'd been on a team with (F/n) since first year, so they'd seen this side of her a lot before, and sometimes it lasted for hours after a game. Luckily, she was gaining more control over it.

The moment the girls left the gymnasium, the adrenaline rushed out of them. Everyone looked exhausted as they walked down the halls to the doors.

"Uwwaaa~!" Yada yawned, stretching out her arms weakly. "I think I'm done playing volleyball for, like, a year."

"Me too." Hirose agreed, Onoue and Kazehaya nodding along.

Hana, Iha and Arata were supporting the three second years. They'd played and been switched around a lot during that game.

"Oi, (F/n)." Tengan fell into step next to her. "I know you're a proud captain and all, and you're reflecting on the game and whatnot, but just live in the moment for now. Lose sleep on it later."

"Yeah!" Enomoto grabbed her captains shoulders from behind. "We did amazing! We still beat them! We're going to the finals!"

"Yeah, but–"

"So what if that was my last game of high school?" Enomoto shook her captain lightly before walking beside her. "I still played well! Lord, I sprained my wrist because I was so devoted. Lighten up, or we'll never make it."

The captain stared at her libero, before looking away and nodding with a smile. "Alright."

-------------------------------------------------------

The boy's team stood in front of the buses while they waited for their female team. Hajime pulled out his phone when he heard it ding, and opened it to find the video his older cousin had sent to him.

"What's that, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa leaned a little to see over the shorter boy's shoulder, and Iwaizumi pressed play.

"It's from (F/n)'s brother. He says that it was their last winning points of the game." The ace explained, and they began watching.

Oikawa blinked. "Is Moto-chan sitting out? Why's that?"

"I'm sure they'll explain that to us." Makki reasoned, and they all immediately pinpointed the female captain.

"Uh...?" Matsun frowned. "Is she okay? What happened?"

"I think we should ask about that, too." Makki said.

They all jumped when they saw the girl spike. Hajime nearly dropped his phone. It was only a moment of movement, and then aloud slam of the ball hitting the other side of the court.

"That's brutal!" Matsun exclaimed, and the other three nodded.

The video ended when a whistle was blown, and Oikawa shook his head. The boy's looked up to see the female team finally walking towards them, looking almost like warriors coming back from battle.

"(F/n)!" Iwaizumi called to the captain. "What the hell was that!?"

The third year girls exchanged glances. "Not it." Almost all of them said in unison, except for Enomoto, who let out an exhausted sigh and went over the the boy's.

"I sprained my wrist while receiving one of their spikes." She held up her wrapped up wrist to show them. "(F/n) got a little mad at them. So she kinda went into the zone after that."

"That was scary." Oikawa pointed out, and

Enomoto nodded in agreement. "That's it's entire purpose. Now, if you don't mind, we've gotta get on the bus."

"Wait~." (F/n) called, walking, almost limping, up to the four third year boys. "You lost?"

They all got uncomfortably quiet, and (F/n) motioned for Enomoto to get the team on the bus. She saluted jokingly, then rushed off to help everyone on.

"We'll make it to nationals, then." (F/n) gave them an exhausted smile. "Watch us in the finals and cheer for us, yeah?"

The boy's nodded.

"Oi, cap!" A voice called, and her brother was waving to her out the side of a car window.

"My ride's here." She said, and pulled the four boys into their own individual hugs. "I'm proud of you guys. Oikawa, I forfeit the bet, I owe you all ice cream. Goodnight!"

The (e/c) eyed girl waved to them, and ran towards the car.