Chapter Six: Mr. Refreshing

(Oh you guys kno what's coming)

(F/n) sneezed for the fifth time that practice. She'd managed to make it through the school day, and avoid her concerned cousin and his captain, which she thought as a small victory.

"Dude, admit it, you have a cold." Yada said, handing her a water bottle after she had a small coughing fit.

The ace rolled her eyes, running a hand through her (h/c) hair. "Fine. I have a cold."

"Were you out in the rain all evening?" Her vice captain Hana asked, frowning at her.

(F/n) jumped, quick to defend herself. "I was limping from the bruise!"

"I saw her walking home with Oikawa-senpai yesterday." Kazehaya Miki, one of her first year wing spikers, muttered as she passed the three girls. The rest of the teams heads jerked towards their captain in surprise.

"Miki-chan!" (F/n) snapped. The small girl reminded her a lot about Kageyama and Tsukishima from Karasuno. She was often found hanging around the two whenever the team paid a visit.

Hana rounded on her. "You were what now!? I thought you hated him!"

"I do, don't get me wrong!" The captain waved her hands around in front of her. "He just stole my bag and being the big ass tree he is he wouldn't let me grab it!"

"He had an umbrella too! He also wrapped his jacket around her!" Kazehaya called, already crossing to the other side of the court where Tengan was.

"Oooo!" Iha squealed, running over and grabbing her captains shoulders. "You're so lucky!"

(F/n) pushed her away before she sneezed, then cast a glare to her kouhai. She made a mental note to yell at her later. All the wing spiker did in response to the glare was smirk.

"Just get to practice, guys!" She huffed, setting the water bottle back down and going to grab a volleyball.

Before she could start practicing again, the gymnasium doors slammed open, causing many of the girls to flinch or jump in surprise. Makki and Matsun flounced inside, quickly followed by none other than Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

"Matsun, Makki, hello~!" (F/n) was good friends with them, and happy to be their classmates. The other two boys on the other hand, not so much. "Oikawa-san, Hajime, salutations."

"You," Iwaizumi pushed past the boys and stomped up to her. "Are not supposed to be here."

"Ooooo, (F/n)-sama's in trouble!" Tengan snickered, forcing the other girls to cover their mouths to hold back their own giggles.

The female captain sweatdropped. "What?"

"You've been sick all day, (F/n)-chan!" Oikawa burst out, rushing towards her and grabbing her shoulders. "You should've stayed home today! I could've brought you notes!"

And irk mark appeared on the (e/c) eyed girls forehead. "For the LAST time Oikawa-san, call me (L/n)."

"(L/n)-san, well done on avoiding the two." Makki called to her, interrupting the conversation he was currently having with Arata.

"They've been glaring holes into your back all day." Matsun added.

"Whatever. Hajime, Oikawa-san, I was getting picked up early anyway." The female ace placed a hand on her hip.

Oikawa did a double take. "By who?"

"Whom." She corrected. "And if you keep interrupting my teams practice, you'll see."

Arata parted from Makki, and the rest of the team started practicing once more on her captains irritated cue. Hana even purposely spiked a ball into Iwaizumi's back, which gave (F/n) a moment to go and begin tossing for Hirose.

"The nerve." Iwaizumi sighed, walking over to the bench and sitting down, completely defeated.

Oikawa sat down beside him and folded his arms with a huff. Makki and Matsun soon followed.

Oikawa saw how different (F/n) seemed around her team off of the competitive court. She would joke with them and scold them and was overall a very good captain. She didn't intensify things when there was no need for it, which the male captain admired.

"Told you he'd come by to see." Arata whispered to Tengan, holding out her hand. Her teammate gave a dejected sigh, and slapped ten dollars in the open hand.

"You did. I knew I'd lose." Tengan complained.

"Then why did you bet?" Iha jumped in on their conversation, glancing towards their captain to see if she was watching. She wasn't, still too busy tossing for the first year.

Tengan shrugged, bending down to pick up a volleyball and twist it in her hands. "I don't know. It was fun."

"That's just like you." Arata sighed.

"Looks like we have some slackers!" A chipper voice said from behind them, causing the three third years to jump and yell out in surprise.

There, leaning against the gymnasium doors, was a grey haired, pale skinned boy in a black jacket and black and orange volleyball uniform. He held up a peace sign, closing his eyes and smiling pleasantly at them.

Upon hearing the voice, (F/n) turned to look, and grinned. "Suga! How kind of you to show up! Thank you for coming so early!" She dropped her volleyball, and went over to greet the setter.

"What's Mr. Refreshing doing here..?" Oikawa muttered irritably.

"Beats me." Makki shrugged, leaning forwards to get a better look at the cheerful setter.

"You guys good to clean up on your own?"
(F/n) called.

"No worries! I'll keep 'em in line!" Hana called with a grin. "Have fun! Tell Daichi-san I say hi!"

"Will do!" The ace waved at her team, and Suga also waved. He caught the four male volleyball players eyes, and gave them a competitive but respectful nod before heading out of the gym with (F/n), who slung a black jacket over her shoulders.