Chapter Twenty-Six: At Home

The moment the three volleyball players got to Iwaizumi's house (after escaping seemingly endless amounts of fangirls), (F/n) went upstairs to go shower while her aunt made dinner.

There was a tense silence while the female captain was gone. The subject of winning was a sour one to the boy's, and Hajime's mom didn't want to push it.

"Oi, Hajime, I had to borrow some of your clothes." (F/n) said as she walked into the kitchen in her cousins shorts and black muscle shirt. "Oh my god it's so tense in here. Lighten up."

She punched Iwaizumi's shoulder and ruffled Oikawa's hair, before tossing her medal on her school bag and sports bag in the corner. The two boys watched it hit the bags, flinching.

"Be more careful with it, (F/n)-chan!" Oikawa blurted, and the girl gave him a confused smile.

"It's a simple prize, Oikawa. A congratulations. Sure, it's nice and sparkly, but I'm not going to flounce around with it everyday." She tied her damp hair in a ponytail.

Her aunt beamed. "That's my niece."

"I am your niece. Very observant."

The two grinned at each other, and Iwaizumi sighed, his head dropping onto his arms in apparent defeat. Oikawa poked in in concern, earning a jab to his abdomen. Oikawa seemed to decide that sitting next to the ace player wasn't the best idea, and stood up to go lean on the counter in the kitchen.

"You kids are so reckless these days." (F/n)'s aunt drawled. "First Hajime's broken nose, then Tooru's knee, and now, my star niece and her wrist."

"Sorry." (F/n) sighed, leaning against the counter beside Oikawa. "Volleyball's a sport where you need to be reckless sometimes."

"I can, for once, agree with your statement." Hajime stuck up a finger, still face down in the table.

"Shut up, you little piece of fish brain." The
(e/c) eyed girl retorted, and Oikawa snickered.

"You're less than a fish brain."

"Well, maybe, but you can't prove it unless we get an x-ray done, so ha!"

Oikawa watched them go back and fourth, finding it honestly a little cute. (F/n)'s insults got increasingly more clever, until Iwaizumi just sighed, giving up on fighting back.

By the time the bickering was done, dinner was ready. They all ate quickly, (B/n) coming by to interrupt the meal and give (F/n) her bag, then leaving. The three volleyball players then cleaned up, and went straight upstairs to Hajimes room to watch movies and eat more.

Y'know, the usual stuff you do when you chill with friends.

But, the moment the door shut, (F/n) shoved Iwaizumi onto his bed and Oikawa into the wall.

"STOP!" She snapped at them. Her sudden aggressive attitude scared Oikawa out of his skin and surprised Hajime. She continued. "You both need to stop! I honestly think you two are going to die one day, holding in all your emotions like this."

Iwaizumi blinked, and Oikawa sank to the floor.

"It's not healthy, just pushing yourselves on your team to let out your frustration. Hajime, I would've thought better of you. Tooru, what kind of captain just does that?" She ranted. "And I was right next to you two during the finals! Stop glaring down at your kouhai's! That doesn't make you win! It makes you both jerks who don't deserve a medal!"

"Whoa, whoa," Iwaizumi held his hands out in front of him.

"I will not 'whoa, whoa.'" She muttered, folding her arms and leaning against the door. "You two need to tolerate your inability to win. Accept it and move on, for crying out loud! Cry, scream, push yourselves, break yourselves, sure, do all of that, but don't..." She sucked in a deep breath. "Don't sacrifice yourselves. This isn't a war!"

The two boys couldn't meet her eyes. Iwaizumi's lips were pressed into a thin line, while Oikawa was full on biting his lips.

"I'm proud of you two, okay?" She ran a hand along her face. "And I will never not be. I'm going to the guest room to stretch. I'm taking some chips with me."

She snatched a bag of (favourite flavour of chips) and left the room in a huff, almost causing a Oikawa to break down right there, along with Iwaizumi.

Fun fact!

Author-chan's favourite flavour of chips is salt and vinegar!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨