Chapter Thirty-Four: Celebration

Oikawa paced around the front of the school Thursday morning with the rest of his team, as Iha had told them that the entire team were walking to school together. Except Kazehaya, who was being driven due to super sore muscles.

"Calm down, man." Matsun muttered.

"How can I? I've been thinking about doing this for awhile now!" Oikawa whined, tugging on the scarf wrapped around his neck.

Iwaizumi cocked an eyebrow at his childhood friend. "Do what, exactly?"

The setters ears turned a bright pink, and he turned away from the ace with a frosty huff, beginning to continue his pacing. Matsun and Makki glanced at each other, and shrugged. Iwaizumi let out an annoyed sigh.

Oikawa wondered what he was getting himself into. He was honestly super nervous. He'd gotten absolute hell from Makki, Matsun and Iwaizumi because he hadn't confessed, and he really didn't have a liable excuse.

Lord, this boy didn't even know her favourite colour. Or animal, or food, or music. He didn't know her favourite genre of movie, or how she made her coffee or even if she drank coffee, or what her favourite show was.

He only knew about her passion for volleyball and her dedication to her team, her low key anxiety, and that she was Iwa's cousin. And that she was a fan of ice cream, apparently.

He also knew that she was very pretty.

Would his plan charm her, though? He wanted desperately to be known as someone other than 'The Grand King', he wanted to be known as one part of the power couple in Seijoh. This thought made him blush slightly.

"I wonder what he's thinking about." Kindaichi whispered, leaning a little bit towards Yahaba so their captain wouldn't hear.

Yahaba shrugged. "Beats me. I'm going to go out on a limb and say (F/n), though."

Kindaichi nodded, scratching his nose in thought. "Yeah, I can't think of anything else he would think about these days."

"He's hopeless." Yahaba agreed, and the two snickered. Oikawa turned and narrowed his eyes at them, and they both let out innocent whistles, glancing around everywhere but their captain.

Matsun and Makki grinned, and Iwaizumi sighed. The team had been waiting around in the cold for around an hour now, which earned strange looks from the other students around.

Oikawa's fans would occasionally come up and ask him why they were all waiting around, and he'd answer with just a straight 'we're waiting for the team', and then continue to pace. This surprised the male team, as Oikawa would always pay attention to his fans.

And then, a blur of energy raced past him, circling once around the other third year boy's and launching itself at Kunimi, who looked scared out of his wits.

The small ball of energy proved to be none other than Yada, who began jumping up and down, shaking Kunimi's shoulders and then racing up to the other male first years, beaming.

This left the team frozen in shock, until Hirose and Onoue jogged up to the team, smiling wide. Miyata wasn't that far behind.

"Hey, guys!" A voice, Seki's, called from the gates, waving to them and dragging Yokono and Urita, her fellow second years, up to the team.

The boy's finally broke out of their shock, and they all broke into smiles. It wasn't long until Kazehaya jogged up after hopping out of a car, immediately going over to Kyotani and shaking his hand. The two monsters sparked up a quiet conversation while everyone else was celebrating joyfully.

It wasn't long until the third year girls came running into the gates, breathless. They'd clearly been chasing after the rest of their team.

Tengan and Iha laughed and ran over to Matsun and Makki, the devils sharing high fives and conversing in what seemed to be a different language, but it was just unfinished, rapid fire sentences.

Enomoto and Watari literally ran into each other, falling onto the ground but sitting up and talking about the games, both of the libero's eyes lighting up and sparkling.

Hana went over to speak to Iwaizumi (abandoning (F/n) in the process wtf Hana), and the two vice captains began talking about how hopeless both of their captains were.

It was just Oikawa and (F/n). She was panting from the run, which probably strained her already super sore muscles.

Oikawa cast away his original plan, and ran right up to (F/n) and picked her up. Before she could yell at him, he scrunched his eyes shut and his lips smacked right onto hers, his face flushing a bright red.

He broke the kiss after a few seconds, his eyes opening to reveal something like stars in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I really, really needed to do that."

He began to put her down on her feet, but she patted his shoulder rapidly. "Do it again!"

"W-wha..?" Oikawa blinked at her in surprise, and she puffed out her cheeks.

"I'm not gonna say it again!" (F/n) then flung her arms around the setters neck, smushing their lips back together. Oikawa didn't hesitate, kissing back the moment he got his bearings.

Woot woot