Chapter Twenty-Two: Shiratorizawa

The school had given permission for the boy's team to watch the girls play. They decided to use just one bus, so they had to order a bigger one.

"Moto-chan." (F/n) went over to her fellow classmate and trusted libero. "How's that wrist of yours?"

"Meh." The girl shrugged. "I still can't play. But I'll definitely make it to nationals!" She pumped her fists in the air with a jump and a grin.

The captain laughed. "Definitely."

She ushered the rest of her team onto the bus, then began getting the boy's on. Oikawa stood next to her, her bag slung over her shoulder. She decided not to save it from captivity this time.

"Is everyone on?" Her coach asked, looking up at the ace from their clipboard.

"I called roll before we got on. Everyone's here." The female captain said. "I also called roll for the boy's just to make sure nobody was missing."

"Good. Then lets get going."

The two captains got into the bus, sitting next to each other in the back. After a few minutes of tense silence on the bus, Tengan seemed to give up, breaking into song.

The entire female team joined in, even (F/n), who began clapping along. The mood lifted, and some of the boy's began to join in and clap. She even nudged Oikawa into clapping along.

The song ended just when the bus pulled up. Everyone was giggling with joy, the tense atmosphere successfully lifted.

As they got off the bus, (F/n) went over to Tengan and whispered a small thank you to her.

"Oikawa! You ass!" Iwaizumi yelled, and the female captain turned to see the male captain slouching on the aces shoulder. "Get off, dammit!"

"Oi, Tooru!" (F/n) called, gesturing for him to walk with her. The two teams began walking towards the entrance of the building, launching into different conversations. The first years began talking about bees again.

"Isn't that Seijoh?" A kid whispered. "What's with the boy's team? They lost, didn't they? Why are they here?"

"That's odd." Another kid agreed. An irk mark appeared on Oikawa's head. "The match between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa is this afternoon, right? Are they cheering the girls on, then?"

"They've never done that before." The first kid muttered, and Oikawa stiffened. (F/n) grabbed his wrist with an aggravated sigh and pulled him towards their teams, as they were beginning to fall behind.

"(F/n)-chan!" He whined. "I was just about to–"

"Beat them to a pulp and get kicked out." She finished his sentence. "That's not happening on my watch. No intimidating for you, today. You have no one to impress."

Oikawa snorted, lifting up his chin. "They were being rude!" He insisted, crossing his arms.

"I understand that, thanks." She rolled her eyes, realizing she was still holding his wrist and letting go with a small huff.

Their bickering was put to a stop when they nearly collided with their teammates, who were now standing still. "Uh oh." The female captain said, weaving her way through their teammates. Oikawa followed close behind.

After a moment, (F/n) was standing face to face with the Shiratorizawa captains. Oikawa stiffened, and glared at Ushijima with so much hatred that (F/n) figured that she should've been a little scared.

Instead, she sighed, holding out a hand to her competition. "It's nice to see you again, Namba Raku."

"Likewise, (L/n) (F/n)." She greeted, shaking the girl's hand firmly. They grinned at each other, and the tension turned into confusion. Ushijima and Oikawa looked especially confused. The girls teams just grinned, splitting off from the boy's and moving to talk and greet each other.

"So, you let out your little secret, hm?" The female captain asked, kicking at Ushijima's legs to signal that he should listen. As if she was proving something to the male.

(F/n) smiled. "Yes. Tell your players to keep in mind that I'm also a lefty." She tapped her temple, and Ushijima literally looked like his entire universe exploded.

Oikawa smirked. The female ace stomped on his foot, a warning for him to wipe the smug look from his face. It was Namba's turn to laugh.

"Alright, lets save our good luck wishes for the game, yes?" Namba suggested, and (F/n) nodded.

"No bets this time. I lost, like, ten zillion yen because of your team."

This earned an amused snort from Namba, and the teams parted ways, not after Oikawa and Ushijima had a stare down, which forced the female captains to drag the males away with repeated apologies.

The male and female teams stopped at the staircase that led to the stands. Hajime pulled (F/n) in for a tight hug, and she shook hands with the coach of the males team.

"Lead us to victory, (F/n)!" Oikawa called as the girls began walking off. The female captain glanced back and gave him a nod, before launching into a conversation with the third year girls on battle strategy.