Chapter Thirty-Six: I See You Stole My Girlfriend

The soft, steady breaths of Oikawa's significant other is what he awoke to. For a second he almost mistook it for music, which he found himself stupid for thinking, but then he reminded himself that it was quite early in the morning.

He reached over her and felt around for his glasses. Once he located them, he put them on and yawned a little bit.

Sunlight filtered through the blinds on the window, sending streaks of light across the bed. It was warm, and calming in a way. Saturday mornings were probably going to always be Oikawa's favourite.

The light caught on their several medals and trophies that sat on their shelves, and made several of the pictures they'd pinned and hung on the wall more visible.

On the desk they had across the room, there sat three picture frames. Two of their high school volleyball teams, and the third being the two teams piled together, smiling and laughing.

Oikawa could remember the day they took those pictures as if it's happened yesterday. Iha and Tengan trying to order the first years to behave, while Oikawa and Iwaizumi were arguing with each other. Seki wouldn't stop beaming, even when Kazehaya told her it was really weird. Makki and Matsun were laughing at both Iha's and Tengan's attempts to calm everyone down, which Enomoto began chasing them around for. In the end, Hana and Arata had to pull her away from them.

Finally, (F/n) had been able to calm them all down by saying that she would buy ice cream for them all. In the end, she actually didn't, and nobody would stop nagging her about it.

Finally, his eyes fell onto her face just across the pillow from him. He smiled a little, wondering how she got to be so pretty. He realized that he was very lucky to have such a caring (and snarky) person in his life.

Her arm was heavily draped over his side, as of she'd rolled over and it just ended up there. Slowly, he moved his arm to place on her side, returning the gesture.

He pulled in a deep breath, and pulled himself closer to her, pressing his forehead against hers and just closing his eyes. The sheets rustled slightly at his movements, which had quickly become a memorable sound for him on Saturday mornings due to him always waking up first.

After a few minutes of just lying there, he felt her arm move in the slightest way. "Looks like someone's awake." He murmured, his eyes peeking open once more.

"Not really." She muttered, earning a hum from him. He moved is hand to trace gentle shapes into her abdomen. "Stop, Tooru..."

He grinned. "Does it tickle?" He pressed a teasing kiss to her nose, and the hand she had draped over him grabbed his loose fitting shirt and tugged it in annoyance.

"It's annoying. I'm sleeping." She let go of his shirt, and blindly began to try pushing his arm away.

Oikawa chuckled, grabbing her arm to stop her. "Quit this nonsense and get up, darling."

Her (e/c) eyes finally opened, gazing blearily at him. He gave her a cheerful smile, and was about to say something along the lines of 'good morning, beautiful~', but he never got the chance, as she smushed her pillow into his face.

(F/n) sat up and stretched her arms above her head with a satisfactory sigh. "Never underestimate the power of a pissed off me, Tooru." She mumbled groggily.

He pulled the pillow from his face and gave her a pout, which earned him a sneer in return.

He noticed the sun catch on a certain silver ring on her left hand, and he immediately grabbed her waist and pulled her down onto the bed again, pinning her underneath him beginning to shower her face in kisses.