Chapter Twenty-Nine: Girl Troubles

"Oikawa." Iwaizumi cornered the poor boy after Monday's practice, along with Makki and Matsun.

"Uh, that's me?" The poor captain scratched his nose in confusion, a little intimidated by his fellow classmates pinning him to the corner of the gymnasium. "What's wrong...?"

"Dude, if you don't confess to her by the time she has to go to nationals, which is next Monday, we will tell her for you." Matsun threatened, and Oikawa's ears turned pink.

"Iha and Tengan are already betting twenty that you don't have the guts." Makki added, sticking up a pointer finger.

"You're betting!?" Oikawa stiffened, looking at his fellow third years in betrayal. "I-it's just a crush! I-I'll get over it!"

"Oikawa." Iwaizumi dropped his degrading nicknames, as he was being serious for a moment. "You'll regret not confessing. We're making sure that doesn't happen."

"Ah..." The setter captain was at a loss for words. "Er... but... how do I...?"

"How would we know?" Matsun said as the other three boys backed away, grabbing their things. "Just do what you think you should do."

"That's helpful." Oikawa deadpanned.

Matsun and Makki snickered, and Iwaizumi just rolled his eyes. "You'll figure it out."

"Thanks, guys." Oikawa muttered, slouching and grabbing his things and walking after them, locking the gymnasium door behind them.

Now, no one has expected this. Oikawa, the play boy of Seijoh, constantly surrounded by girls and confessed to every other day, wasn't able to actually confess to the one girl he had to fall for.

It frustrated him to no end. How would she like him to confess? Would she prefer if he got her chocolates and roses and prepare a speech, or would she like it better if he just asked her on a date?

How could a girl be so confusing to him? Well, she wasn't like the girls he normally interacted with. She wouldn't fawn over him, barely spoke to him before Iwaizumi told him the two aces were related, and she never hesitated to put him back in his place whenever his ego got too big or when he got too upset.

He let out a sigh, earning a smack on the back of his head from Iwaizumi. "That's rude."

"You're acting like a love struck elementary school girl." Iwaizumi snapped. "Next thing we know, you'll be doodling her name all over your notebook. Which I guess is okay since she occupies your thoughts in class and you never actually write down notes, so you'll have space."

"Iwa-chan!" Oikawa huffed, folding his arms and sticking his nose in the air dramatically. "That's mega rude! I do take notes in class!"

"Oikawa-san, you had to ask me for notes yesterday." Arata said breezily, walking past with Enomoto and Hana.

"How much did you guys hear?" Matsun asked them, cocking an eyebrow. Makki readjusted his bag straps.

Hana winked. "Enough to be in on this bet."

"YOU GUYS WERE LISTENING FOR THAT LONG!?" Oikawa screeched, and the girls simply smirked. "HOW DID YOU GUYS EVEN–HOW–WHERE WERE YOU HIDING!?"

Enomoto gave him a two fingered salute. "A magician never reveals their secrets. Which means your secret is safe with us, too."

"That doesn't mean from the rest of our team, but the entire school won't know." Arata said, and a shadow fell over Oikawa.

"Don't you girls even dare–"

They were already running off, snickering. Oikawa's face was tinted pink. "I'm going to die of shame."

"Ah, young love." Makki snickered.

Matsun shook his head. "The things you do for love."

"SHUT UP!"

The moment Oikawa got home, he went straight to his room with some milk bread buns and pulled his laptop onto his lap. He was beginning to search up different ways to confess and talk to girls when his phone buzzed.

Captain
[8:04 pm] Dude, you realize that all of my injuries are non existent now, right? Stop babying me it's annoying tbh

He smiled subconsciously at the text. He'd named her contact to 'Captain', due to all of the captain speeches she did.

He answered her text quickly.

–[8:05 pm] Sorry, sorry~ I just want to make sure you don't hurt yourself in the long run

She answered back just as quickly.

Captain
[8:05 pm] Whatever. Aren't you the one who has a knee brace?

–[8:06 pm] Shut up!

Captain
[8:08 pm] No u

–[8:08 pm] Rude~

Captain
[8:09 pm] Is the baby gonna cry?

Oikawa snorted, smirking at the screen. It was cute when she was snarky. His ears turned pink immediately after that thought, and he groaned, slamming his laptop shut and pushing it away from him, flopping back onto his bed.

No amount of websites was going to help him with this.