Chapter Seventeen: Ambidextrous

Recap of ur team~
Captain:
You, #1, in your third year and you're also the ace you lucky duck.
Wing Spikers:
Hana Yukika #2 (3rd year)–Vice captain/wing spiker
Tengan Mio #5 (3rd year)
Urita Etsuko #13 (2nd year)
Yada Tamai #11 (1rst year)
Kazehaya Miki #14 (1rst year)
Libero:
Enomoto Michi #12 (3rd year)
Setter:
Iha Dori #4 (3rd year)–Setter/pinch server
Yokono Ochiyo #9 (2nd year)
Onoue Iyo #10 (1rst year)
Middle Blockers:
Arata Chino #8 (3rd year)
Seki Naora #7 (2nd year)
Hirose Sui #6 (1rst year)
Miyata Sanako #3 (1rst year)

The boy's won the game easily. The moment it ended, the girls stood up and rushed out of the gymnasium and to the girls building, getting dressed and going to their designated waiting spot to stretch.

"His serve is scary." Iha said as Tengan helped her touch her toes. "I mean, there was that one point where he basically spiked it."

(F/n) let out a hum as she easily pushed herself up in a handstand. "I guess. It's not as scary when you've played and received it."

Hana shook her head, crossing her legs and doing various arm stretches. "You two are complete monsters."

"You'd be the power couple of Seijoh!" Yada chimed, earning a smack from Hirose, who was helping her stretch. Yada let out a small giggle, and returned to the stretches.

To everyone's surprise, Kazehaya nodded in agreement to Yada's statement. The two shared a grin.

"I'm not gonna give you guys ice cream." Their captain stated, finally losing her balance and crumbling from her handstand. She decided to just do some normal stretches.

Tengan chuckled, taking her turn to stretch now with the help of Iha. "Let them be, they're just poking fun."

(F/n) scoffed, but the conversation was cut short when their coach gestured for them to get into the gym. Everyone shared a glance, helping one another up and heading towards the gymnasium. Onoue grabbed a cart of volleyballs on the way, rolling it inside.

Voices echoed through the wide space. Some games were still going on, but the team didn't stare. They began practicing right away, using up the time they had.

Time slipped by almost in a snap of her fingers. The captain and the rest of her team were listening to their coach recap the plan, then they were all facing her expectantly.

"This isn't a war." The captain began. "But were here to fight. The one and only reason we're here is to do our best and show off our skill. We're a team. Lets give it our all and win. Make me proud."

Tengan let out an impressed whistle, and the team did their cheer, before lining up and bowing. The captains were called up, and the two separated from their teams.

"We meet again." (F/n) smirked at her competition, blue and black.

The other captain nodded, and they shook hands. There was a long moment, then they pulled each other in for a quick hug, which caught many spectators and even the teams off guard.

"Have fun. Do your best." The blue and black captain said, looking a little choked up.

"We won't lose."

"Neither will we."

"Game on!"

The two gave each other a nod, then let go of each other's hands, heading back to their teams and their side of the court.

On the court was Tengan, Yada, Seki, Enomoto, Iha, and of course the captain herself. She was going to serve first.

(F/n) sucked in a deep breath, tossing the ball up and doing the jump float serve she was known for. The game had begun.

The other team received it, not too smoothly, but a little rocky. However, it was clear that they were practicing on receiving them. How, (F/n) wasn't so sure, so she continued to play and not dwell on it.

"Iwa-chan, did  you see that?" Oikawa asked, leaning forwards in his seat.

Iwaizumi nodded, furrowing his eyebrows. "And they're just going with it. They didn't look surprised or anything. Not caught off guard. Nothing."

"Are they even human?" Watari asked, slightly impressed.

The team flowed together, never running into one another and seeming to have ultimate trust. If anything bad happened, they counted on one another for help. No one stumbled, except for Yada, who almost pulled a (F/n) and nearly tripping on herself. She caught herself, luckily.

The fist set went by smoothly after that, Seijoh just barely pulling ahead. The captains would continuously give each other looks across the court, which to those who were seriously watching found slightly amusing.

It was in the second set, however, when something strange happened. Something nobody expected. Not even some of the female team. Only the setter, Iha, and (F/n) seemed to have this planned.

"(F/n)!" Iha called, nearly breathless. She set the ball, which made everyone cringe.

It was going to miss the ace's hand. Literally the entire spectating boy's team shuddered.

It's going to miss. It's going to miss. It's going to mi

WHAM

She spiked it with her left hand.

This caught everyone off guard.

The ace of Seijoh's female volleyball team was ambidextrous.