Chapter Thirty-Four: Offence

It's been a full week since the two captains got together, and those who didn't know would notice right when the two were close together.

Oikawa became very touchy very quickly. Whenever the two crossed paths, he'd kiss her temple or even catch her hand and place a chaste kiss on her knuckles. Whenever he didn't notice her in the hall, she'd reach out and just brush his arm with her hand. It was really nothing, but Oikawa would normally be left beaming afterwards.

He was completely smitten by now, and was constantly teased by his team because of how in love he was.

(F/n) was a little more conserved than Oikawa, one of the reasons being that his fangirls, when grouped together, were slightly intimidating. She knew that they wouldn't mess with her due to a bunch of very insane teams having her back, but it was still a little creepy to be watched the entire school day.

Speaking of fangirls, they were holding up Oikawa at lunch. (F/n) was standing beside Iwaizumi and Hana, all of them letting out annoyed sighs.

"Oikaawwwaaa-kuuun~!" One whined. "Come eat lunch with uuussss~!" She winked at one of her friends beside her, as if they'd discussed this all before they encountered him.

It sort of impressed (F/n) that they thought plans out like this.

"O-oh, I'm sorry ladies, but I'm having lunch with my girlfriend and our vice captains." Oikawa said the word 'girlfriend' as if it served as a reminder to the girls, which (F/n) was a little happy about.

A whine spread throughout the group of girls, and the first one huffed, folding her arms. "Just ditch them! And you don't need a girlfriend when you've got your fans! She'll distract you, and you'll begin playing poorly because of it. She's just using you so she could make herself look better."

Both Oikawa and (F/n) were taken aback by this girls statement. Iwaizumi and Hana stiffened, and almost advanced forwards to defend them, but (F/n) held them back.

"It's fine." She says quietly. "They're just words. They're trying to manipulate him. Just leave it."

Oikawa at the moment was at a complete loss of words. He was clearly trying to form them, opening and closing his mouth a few times, before he just weaved through the girls to join the three bystanders.

He took (F/n)'s hand, lacing their fingers together. Her eyes widened as he pulled her off, the vice captains trailing behind after casting glares at the group of girls.

"Oikawa," She squeezed his hand. "Calm down. They're just trying to get to you. Just don't listen."

He didn't answer, just leading them outside and under a tree, a spot the third year girls usually used as a hang out. He sat down and placed his head in his hands, letting out a sigh.

The other three shared a glance, then the girls looked at Iwaizumi, who shrugged, sitting down beside his friend and opening his lunch.

"I've never seen you so torn up about something like this, Shittykawa." He spoke, and (F/n) plopped down along with Hana, opening her lunch and forking some rice into her mouth.

Oikawa sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. "It's just annoying. Sorry, sorry."

He opened his own lunch, and began half heartedly picking at his chicken.

Hana and Iwa gave her a a look that said 'he's your boyfriend', which earned them both a glare. She sighed, swallowing the mouthful of rice she had.

"Oikawa, that's not how you eat food." (F/n) pointed out, taking his fork and stabbing a piece of chicken. "You have no reason to feel so hurt. They're just trying to manipulate you." She nudged his hand to take the fork.

He just sighed, and nodded. One thing was for sure, all four of them had taken great offence from Oikawa's fangirls.