Chapter Thirty-One: Photogenic

Wednesday was a lazy day. Everyone had a bad case of drowsiness, including the teachers, which made classes very long and very boring.

Warm sunshine poured through the wide windows of (F/n)'s Language Arts Classroom, hitting both her and the desk harshly as she was in a direct ray. She shuffled uncomfortably in her seat with a small sigh.

"What's the definition of this word, (L/n)?" The teacher snapped her out of her lazy daze with their sharp voice, and her eyes dragged to the black board, where a word was scratched down.

It took her a moment to read it, then she defined it easily, her eyes trailing out the wide window once more to watch the multicoloured leaves break off of their trees and flutter in the dry autumn wind.

Crows circled around outside, and migratory bird flocks would occasionally appear in the sky, then disappear on the horizon.

She was awfully tired, having stayed up all night studying and working on projects, nearly having a mental breakdown from all the stress she had. Luckily, she'd gotten a hold of Suga before she could fully burst into tears and they both had a lovely conversation of photosynthesis, which calmed her down.

She could hear the songbirds outside through the window, and just wished at everyone would be quiet so she could just listen for awhile.

"(F/n)-chan." Oikawa tapped her shoulder, and she blinked back into reality, turning to look at him.

He actually looked very pretty in the autumn sun. His brown eyes that were normally just a flat chocolate colour were illuminated with amber undertones, and sparkled. His hair looked exceptionally soft today, and his skin looked flawless.

"Yeah?" She blinked to break her awkward stare. "What's up?"

He smiled, noticing how perfect she looked. He then pulled out his phone and took a picture, before running off. She sat upright in complete confusion, realizing that the bell must've rang.

Then she realized that he just took a picture of her without permission.

"OIKAWA! That was illegal! I'll sue you!" She yelled, getting up from her chair to run after him. "I will have you arrested!"

Lucky for him, he was surrounded by his loyal fangirls. He looked over their heads and gave her a triumphant smile, before complimenting a girl on the cookies she'd baked for him.

-------------------------------------------------------

(F/n) opened her locker, the bags under her eyes becoming evermore obvious. She pulled out her lunch and followed Enomoto and Arata to the classroom, mumbling along to their conversation.

"(F/n), are you sure you can do practice?" Arata pulled on a strand of her captains hair, and (F/n) just let out an irritable mumble, lazily pushing her hand away.

Enomoto shook her head with a sigh. "Dude, you need to look after yourself more."

"Lay off." Her voice crackled a little, and Arata and Enomoto helped her into the classroom.

This is when Oikawa discreetly took another photo behind his lunch bag. Makki and Matsun leaned over to look.

"I just don't understand." Oikawa huffed. "I took another one of her this morning and she was an absolute mess, but it still came out like it was from some expensive photo shoot."

He showed them his phone, and the two boys scrolled back and fourth through the photos. They glanced at each other.

"Why are you taking pictures of her in the first place?" Matsun asked, and Oikawa narrowed his eyes at him.

"I wanted to prove that she wasn't all that perfect for payback for yesterday." He mumbled, rubbing his head from where Iwaizumi had hit him.

Makki chuckled. "You realize that because she may have a crush on you doesn't mean that she'll become a blushing mess the moment you duck behind her for protection, right?"

Oikawa let out a whine, munching down on a rice ball. "She's so different. It's getting on my nerves that I can't..." He puffed out his cheeks in frustration.

"Charm her like you do to your fans?" Matsun offered. Oikawa nodded.

"Oi," Arata leaned down over Oikawa's shoulder. "Just because you desperately want to become a power couple, doesn't mean you can creep on our ace."

Oikawa launched out of his seat in surprise, and Matsun fell over in his chair. Makki almost began choking on his food. The mere chaos Arata created was completely hilarious for their other classmates.

Enomoto helped Matsun up, snickering. "You guys are priceless. The moment something catches you off guard you panic."

"Guys, quit bullying them." (F/n)'s voice drawled from the back of the classroom. "You're all giving me a headache. No tosses for you."

"You promised me though!" Enomoto whined, retreating back towards her captain while Arata and Oikawa were still having a face off.

Makki threw a rice ball at the two of them, and Arata patted Oikawa on the shoulder, heading to the back of the classroom to eat with her fellow teammates.

Oikawa sat back down, then took another picture.

He let out a sigh of defeat.

She was still as pretty as ever.