Chapter Twenty-Seven: Back Massage

"I think I'm going to die!" Tengan announced while both her and Iha flounced up to the female ace.

There was a full week until they left for Nationals, and that was going to be all the way across the country, which meant they had to take an airplane.

"Tengan, I think you'll be fine." (F/n) deadpanned. "You're not the one who sprained their wrist while tripping over a bench during one of the most important games to ever happen to them."

"That was a long sentence full of words that I've decided not to decipher." She stuck up her pointer finger, and Iha snickered. "So, anyways, how was that sleepover you had with Iwaizumi and Oikawa-san?"

"Did you and Oikawa-san," Iha's eyes seemed to turn into stars as she dramatically slapped her hands to her cheeks, "make out?"

"I don't think we can be friends anymore, Iha." The ace frowned at the girl, who gave her an innocent smile.

"You've gotta admit, you two would be the complete power couple of Seijoh and Volleyball Monthly." Tengan pointed out as the girls walked down the sidewalk to the school.

(F/n) fell back into the memory of two nights before, a half hour after she'd abandoned the two boys in Hajime's room after a thorough #captain speech.

There had been a knock on her door. She'd been desperately trying to touch her toes, but her arms and back were sore, not to mention her left wrist. She sighed, straightening up.

"Come in." She desperately hoped that it was just her aunt. She could use some more together time with her relative.

Instead, to her disappointment, it was Oikawa. His hair was messy, and he was wearing a loose beige shirt and some grey sweats. He looked absolutely, positively terrible.

"Oikawa, what's up?" She blinked at the setter, who just padded over to her bed and flopped face down on it. She craved her neck to peer at him from the floor. "Dude, that's mine. Get off."

"But, but (F/n)-chan!" His voice was muffled by the thick blanket on the guest bed. "Iwa-chan kicked me out so he could change so I needed company."

(Okay, sorry to interrupt, but is it just me or does every single guest bed have one of those heavy, cotton stuffed blankets with either childish or floral patterns on it?)

(F/n) cocked an eyebrow at him. "Oikawa, you could've just waited outside the door." She put extra emphasis on the last three words of her sentence. "I was stretching. Leave me alone."

"C'mon!" He whined, slinking to the floor in a depressing puddle of setter. "I'll be quiet! Please, just let me stay!"

"Fine." She muttered, and went back to reaching for her toes. There was a few moments of her back facing him, her fingers so close to grazing the tips of her toes, until she felt two hands press on her upper back, right on her shoulder blades.

His hands were warm, and actually very comforting. It even took away a bit of the stress in her muscles.

"(F/n)-chan," Oikawa's voice was soft and gentle. His began running his palms up and down her back in gentle circle motions. "You should cherish your body more. You look absolutely pathetic like this right now."

"S-shut up." She hissed, and she tired stretching her arms as far as they could. She felt like they'd pop out of her sockets if she bent any further.

Oikawa sighed, his hands softly moving up her back and to her shoulders. She felt his thumbs press down on the joint harshly, before his chest pressed against her back and his hands pulled her arms back, then forcing her to sit up a little more.

"I'm sorry about what I did to my team during practice." He whispered, and she saw his legs snake along the side of her body.

She was about to say something, but that's when his warm hands reconnected with her back, loosening her muscles as he began to massage it.

She felt her ears tinge slightly pink. That's when a thought came to mind. She shut it down as quickly as she possibly could, but she already knew; she had a fucking crush on Oikawa Tooru of the male volleyball team of Seijoh high.

Goddammit.

"You're so tense." He muttered as his hands moved up to her shoulders and began digging his fingers into the muscles. She flinched slightly in pain. "You should get a heating pad or something. Or a hot water bottle."

His suggestions were tempting. She decided to go get one of the options once she knew the two boys were asleep.

"And remember to re-wrap that wrist. And put peroxide on those cuts from the bench." He listed. "And this weekend take some hot baths to relax your muscles. You'll feel better by Monday."

"Okay, okay, mom." She drawled, sighing and closing her eyes for a moment.

They sat like that for twenty more minutes. Oikawa reminding her to look after herself while massaging her back all the while, until the topic turned to them judging their team.

(F/n) blinked back into reality, and sighed. She did feel better, especially after doing everything Oikawa had requested she should do.

She sorta hated it.

"Maybe, Tengan. Maybe."