Reading

Johnny loved reading; absolutely adored it. He especially loved reading with Ponyboy. No, not have Pony read aloud to him, but just read together.

The only problem was that Ponyboy was an exceptionally fast reader, and Johnny...well, he had a bit of trouble.

So Pony came up with a system to help him improve. Every Sunday night, Pony would make Johnny either tea, coffee, or hot chocolate, and they would both curl up on the couch and read.

Pony would lay in Johnny's lap with the book, and each time Johnny took a sip of his expertly made beverage, it would signal that he was finished reading and that Ponyboy could turn the page.

They would lay like that for hours, and while the reading was going slow, Pony wouldn't have had it any other way. He liked watching his significant other read. He liked watching how pleased Johnny looked as he finished up a page.

Eventually, Johnny started to yawn. "Mmm..." Pony smiled. "Are you sleepy Johnny?"

The older boy nodded. "Just a bit. I'm sorry."

Pony leaned up and softly kissed his boyfriend. "You don't have to apologize Johnnycakes."

Johnny grinned, absolutely in love with him. "Thanks for always being so patient with me."

Pony nodded and kissed him again. "Of course baby. I love you."

"I love you too Pony, more than anything in the world." Johnny softly kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll lay with you until you fall asleep." Pony moved around until they were both comfortable on the couch.

"Are you sure honey?"

Pony nodded and kissed along Johnny's neck. "Yeah, it'll just be until you fall asleep."

Not two minutes later they were both passed out, curled into each other.

The next morning the gang was in for quite a surprise when they walked into the living room.

Pony and Johnny were awoken by the sounds of their laughter. "Glory boys!" Two-Bit laughed. "You two almost looked in love!"

The rest of the gang nodded, agreeing with their friend. Pony blushed and looked at Johnny, who mirrored his expression. "Yeah...almost...."

Scenario: Person A sits on Person Bs lap and they read together.

Word count: 350

Like the description says, most of these will be pretty short since they're just scenarios I find on Pinterest.