Promise You

Since I'm in Dominican Republic I decided to write about Johnnyboy in Dominican Republic.
Johnny's P.o.V.

The sand was the coolest thing I had ever felt. Tulsa didn't have anything even remotely close to a beach.

Sure there was a few creeks where Pony and I had gone swimming, but nothing could compare to this.

It was absolutely beautiful, especially at night.

Pony and I were holding hands walking down the beach. "Sure is pretty, ain't it Johnnycakes?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but not nearly as pretty as you."

Pony chuckled. "That's sweet." He squeezed my hand.

I sighed happily and concentrated on the sand between my toes. It felt so nice, and so relaxing.

"Want to go stand in the water, baby?" Pony asked and started walking towards the tide.

We stepped into the salt water and I giggled at the feeling. The waves felt good rushing up against my feet.

"It's a full moon tonight." Pony pointed out.

I looked up and smiled. "Yeah, it seems to be bigger here than at home."

"Yeah, it does, don't it?" He wrapped an arm around my waist and we started walking in the sand again.

This time it stuck to our feet, and it kind of felt like sugar on my skin. "Look Pony-" I pointed to a small canopy, that was meant for weddings during the day. "lets walk up to it."

It was being lit by purple lights and it looked beautiful. We both walked into the middle of it and Pony grabbed my hand again.

"I wonder who got married here today..." he thought aloud.

"I don't know, but I bet they had an amazing wedding. Who wouldn't want to get married in Punta Cana?" I sighed, thinking about how amazing it would be.

"Wish we could get married here." Pony rested his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah...if it were legal." I frowned.

"Would you like to marry me Johnny? If it was aloud, would you like to marry me?" He looked into my eyes and smiled.

I gave him a soft smile back. "Of course I would Ponyboy. There's nothing I'd love more than to marry you."

He kissed me, soft and sweet, and then got down on one knee. "Johnny Cade, we can't get married, at least not yet...but-" he pulled out a ring. "we can make a promise. A promise that one day, if it ever is legal, that we will marry each other. We'll stay together and continue to love each other unconditionally, and then one day-" his eyes sparkled. "one day we'll marry each other. Will you, Johnny Cade, promise me that?"

I stared in shock for a few seconds, and eventually I felt tears rush to my eyes. "Oh Pony..." I pulled him up and gave him a hug. "Yes, of course I'll make you that promise."

He began to cry too. "Oh God Johnnycakes. Thank you..." he slipped the ring on my finger and then kissed me. "I love you, I love you so much."

I kissed him again. "I love you too Ponyboy...I'd never marry anyone else."

"One day we'll get married...I promise you."

Later that night, when Pony and I went back to our hotel room, I fell asleep next to the boy I loved, with a ring on my finger, and a promise in my heart.

This one feels rushed. Oh right, because it is. Sorry it sucks.