Thin Walls

Pony's P.o.V.

  My apartment walls are paper thin.

  At first, it sucked. I could hear everything that my neighbor was doing , and it got annoying.

  But I've grown to like it, love it even, because he sings. His voice is the prettiest thing I have ever heard.

  Our bathrooms are right next to each other, and every time he takes a shower I can hear him sing through the walls, and today is no exception.

  I was leaning against the wall, smiling lightly while listening to him. Today he had chosen to sing 'Man in the Mirror' and he put Michael Jackson to shame.

  Every word held so much emotion in it, I couldn't help but hum along.

  "I see the kids in the streets, with not enough to eat..."

  I felt as if the song was made specifically for his voice. Something about how he projected and annunciated his words made it seem that way.

  "Who am I, to be blind? And pretend That I don't see their needs. A summers disregard, a broken bottle top, and a one mans soul..."

  I closed my eyes and tried to soak up the words, never wanting the song to end. Never wanting him to stop singing.

  "They follow each other in the wind you know, cause they got no where to go, That's why I want you to know!"

  Now I was grinning. He had gotten to the chorus of the song, and I knew his voice was about to get louder.

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror!"

  This part had given me chills as soon as he started singing. Goose bumps littered my arms, it sounded so good.

  "I'm asking him to change his ways!"

  An idea came to me all of the sudden. For I don't know how long, I had always listened to his songs, always wondering who this stranger is with the perfect voice.

  I knew I wanted to meet him, and I had to be the one to take action.

  In my best singing voice I could muster up, (which still happened to suck by the way), I finished the next verse for him.

  "And no message, could have been any clearer!" I sang out, laughing some.

  I heard him gasp and then it went silent. I couldn't even hear the water running anymore.

  Frowning, I went back to my bedroom and flopped on the bed. I didn't mean to embarrass him. But of course I ended up doing just that, and I'd be surprised if he ever sings again.

  I sighed and changed into my pajamas, not knowing what else to do. I really didn't feel like going out tonight, so I popped some popcorn and settled down on the couch to watch a movie.

  As soon as I sat down, there was a knock on the door.

  "Really?" I groaned and stood up trudging to the door and opening it.

  The sight nearly made me gasp.

  There stood an extremely handsome boy. He had black hair and huge black eyes with the prettiest tan skin I've ever seen.

  His hair looked damp and he was dressed in some loosely fitted sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt.

  "U-um...can I help you?" I managed to stammer out.

  He blushed and looked down. "M-my names Johnny, in you're neighbor. I think you might have heard me singing?"

  I grinned widely. So this was my singing neighbor that I had somehow become so interested in. "Yeah, I heard you."

  His blush deepened. "I'm really sorry. I sing nearly everyday and now I know you can hear me...I'm sure that must other you."

  "Actually," I giggled. "you're voice is beautiful. Sometimes I only wake up so I can hear it."

  His eyes widened. "Really?"

  I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, really."

  He smiled lightly and we both stood staring at each other for a few seconds until I finally coughed and broke the silence. "I was just about to watch a movie, would you care to join me?"

  He grinned and blushed at the same time. Gosh he sure was cute. "I'd love to."

  I opened my door wider and let him step inside. I poured him a bowl of popcorn and we both sat down on the couch.

  Once the movie started, I noticed that all of his attention was on the screen. It was as if he had gotten lost in the story line.

  I enjoyed watching his facial expressions change and seeing him laugh or get angry. It made me admired him even more.

  We kept watching movies until eventually he leaned over and fell asleep resting against my side.

  I yawned and wrapped my arm around him, prepared to fall asleep as well.

  Right before I drifted off I thanked God for my paper thin walls.