Welcome Home

Glader_Greaser I think I managed to write something that you'll like even better than the other one.

Johnny's P.o.V.

Today my best friend Ponyboy is coming home from college for winter break. I'm absolutely ecstatic, since I've never been away from him for this long.

We haven't been able to write each other that much; he's really busy. I was standing at his gate in the airport with Darry and Sodapop. Everyone else was back at the house setting up a small welcome home party.

"Thanks for letting me tag along." I said shyly, still feeling bad about ruining a possible 'brother moment.'

"Ah don't worry about it Johnnycakes. You know he's gonna be most excited to see you anyways." Soda grinned and ruffled my, now short, hair.

I had to cut it in order to get a decent job and live on my own. Darry offered a place at his house, but with his new wife I didn't want to intrude. Especially since she's seven months pregnant.

Soda and Steve roomed together in a small apartment of their own, in the same building I lived in. It was nice that way. Made me feel less alone.

I was surprised I even got off work today, as I'm usually so busy. I handled the transactions for a large multi-million dollar company, and always had plenty of work to do. It was the best job I could get without a college degree.

I was losing money that I really needed today by taking off but I just had to see Pony. He was only here for two weeks which feels like two minutes after being used to seeing him nearly all day everyday.

His first semester at his school had been hard on me I guess.

Darry pointed to the boarding doors. "That's his plane, people are already getting off, we should see him any second now."

I watched eagerly until I finally saw a tuft of auburn hair making it's way off. I gasped lightly and shook Soda's arm. "There he is!"

Soda smiled and cupped his hands to his mouth. "Hey Pony! Over here!" He yelled.

Pony's head jerked towards us and he broke out in a huge smile. He abandoned his luggage and took off running towards us. I expected him to go to Soda first, but to my surprise he dove into my arms.

"Johnny!" He yelled and I chuckled, quickly wrapping my arms around him.

"Hey Ponyboy, I missed you." I whispered lightly in his ear.

He smiled and pulled away. "I missed you too! And your hair!" He ran his fingers through my black locks. "Where did it all go?"

I shrugged. "Had to get a job. I know it's not the best looking but I don't mind it."

He smiled and then moved to hug Soda. Darry had went and picked up the suitcase that Pony dropped. Once he got back Pony hugged him and nearly started crying out of joy. "Man I missed you all so much! Where's everyone else?"

"Ah, Steve's at work and we couldn't get Dally and Two-Bit off their lazy bums." Darry chuckled, hiding the surprise party.

Pony frowned lightly but then shook off the look. "Well, I don't know about y'all but I'm ready to get home."

-

"Surprise!" Everybody yelled once we stepped inside. Well, everyone except Dally who wouldn't give up his tough guy act.

Around the room there was Two-Bit, Steve, Cherry Valance, Darry's wife Holly, Tim Shepard, Curly Shepard, and of course Dallas.

Pony gasped and looked around at everybody, blushing lightly. "Guys this is too much..." he chuckled.