Wheelchair AU

Au where Johnny survived the fire but he's wheelchair bound. This one suck btw

Johnny's P.o.V.

The last thing I ever expected to hear was a knock on my bedroom door. My parents never knocked, so something had to be up. "Johnny baby," I heard my mothers voice on the other side of the door. "you have a friend here to see you." I sighed, knowing my mom would never just act nice for no reason.

I shifted around In my wheelchair for a second. "W-who?" I called out faintly.

"It's me Johnnycakes...can I come in?" I gasped lightly when I heard Pony's voice.

Before I had time to answer my mom was opening the door. "I'm sure he would love to see you." She had nice tone, but the glare she was sending me mad me shiver a little bit.

Pony stepped in my room and my mom left, leaving us alone. "Hi..." pony said quietly.

I looked down. "You should go Ponyboy."

"What?" He sounded hurt? "Why? I just got here!"

"I don't...I don't want you to see me like this." I sighed and gestured to the stupid wheel chair I was bound in for the rest of my life.

Pony walked closer to me. "Awe I don't think any differently of you. I just miss seeing you and wanted to hang out. Maybe get you out of this house."

I wheeled away from him. "No." I stared firmly. "I don't want anybody to see me like this."

He frowned and looked away. "Gosh Johnnycakes...you'd rather be trapped here than hang out with me?"

I furrowed my brows. "No, it's not you it's just--"

"The hell it ain't me!" He spat all of the sudden. "Of course it is. Dally's taken you out before, I saw you guys together. I know I don't deserve to be your friend anymore, it's my fault you're in a wheel chair...I just, really missed you. I'm sorry I got you into that situation. I regret it every day." He turned around to walk away but I stopped him.

"Oh Pony I ain't mad at you." I wheeled forward. "I'm just...embarrassed." I admitted.

"Embarrassed?" He knelt down and got eye level with me. "About what baby?"

I blushed a dark shade of red at him calling me a pet name. "I-I don't want to scare people away from you." I finally whispered. "I don't want some girl to be admiring your beauty and then see you wheeling around a sick looking kid and get scared off."

Ponyboy smiled lightly and cupped my cheek. "I don't care about any of that Johnny. I care about you, not some sleazy broad. To tell you the truth...I...I-I..."

"You what?" I asked and he sighed.

"I don't like girls. I will never like them..."

I felt my breath catch in my throat. "You're serious?"

He looked away, ashamed. "Yeah, I am. I'm sorry if I disgust you."

"No!" I said quickly. "No you don't disgust me at all. I'm...I'm like that too."

"You are?" He gasped and unconsciously grabbed my hand.

I blushed lightly. "Yeah, I've got my eyes on a guy. Not some bird."

His smile faltered. "W-what guy? Is it Dallas? Y'all have always been really close."

I giggled. "We have, but no where near as close as you and I are."

He raised and eyebrow. "You mean...you like me?"

I nodded shyly and rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah, I'm sorry...but I can't help it."

"Don't be sorry Johnny, I like you too." He grinned and squeezed my hand. "Now let me get you out of here."

He stood up and began wheeling me out of my room, and then out of my house. I was a little on edge, and Pony could tell.

"What's the matter?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"I-I'm just worried. W-what if a Soc comes? You c-can't exactly fight them off with me in a wheel chair."

"Don't worry about it Johnnycakes, you'll be okay. I'll protect you." He smiled and ruffled my hair.

A short walk later, we had arrived at his house. "It's just us right now," he said as he helped me inside. "but everyone else will be home soon. They'll be real excited when they see you here." He smiled.

I smiled back at him. "Yeah, I'm excited to see them too." I looked at him and sighed. "You think...you think you can move me to the couch? I want to seem at least a little normal."

"They wouldn't care." He said but still picked me up and set me down on the corner of them couch.

"Thanks..." I sighed.

He sat down next to me and snuggled into my chest. "Gosh I've missed you so much Johnny."

I began running my fingers through his hair. "I've missed you too."

He smiled lightly. "Would you care to be my boyfriend?"

My cheeks flushed and I looked down at him. "I think that sounds wonderful."