Oh my my my

Song fic! Yayyyyy! Also this is a modern AU and lots of things are gonna be different. For example Johnny's parents aren't abusive and Pony's parents never died.

He said, I was seven and you were nine
I looked at you like the stars that shined in the sky, like pretty lights

It wasn't hard to see how Ponyboy's eyes sparkled when he first met Johnny.

Mrs. Curtis and Mrs. Cade were good friends and decided to meet up every Sunday for dinner after church.

Soda and Darry decided to invite their neighborhood friends to the dinner as well, leaving Pony feeling left out as everyone showed up.

He had no one to talk to, until Mr. and Mrs. Cade finally made it to their cozy house, with their nine year old son Johnny.

"I'm sorry we're late, I hope we didn't hold you all up." Mrs. Cade smiled and grabbed onto her sons arm. "This is my son Johnny, he's close to Ponyboy's age I think.

Mrs. Curtis smiled and ushered Pony to go talk to the boy.

"Do you need any help with anything?" Mr. Cade graciously offered.

"We're just finishing up dinner but you can come into the kitchen while we make it. It's a lot better than being in here with all these loud kids."

The adults laughed and made there way into the kitchen.

Pony looked Johnny up and down, marveling at his looks. "You're kinda cute." He smiled, causing Johnny to blush.

And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Growing up and fallin' in love
And our mamas smiled, and rolled their eyes
And said, "Oh, my, my, my"

It was the fourth time the two families, (as well as Soda and Darry's friends), had met up. Everyone was sitting outside around a fire pit, just talking and having a good time.

Pony and Johnny were laying on their stomachs playing poker, a game that Soda had taught Pony, and that Johnny had picked up from watching T.V. Being just kids, they really sucked at it. But they thought they were doing well.

"I got a...what's it called?" Pony racked his brain for the name of his hand. "A line? Wait! A straight! Yeah that's what it is a straight!"

Johnny pouted. "What? You're cheating!" He accused, giggling slightly.

"Nuh-uh! Look!" Pony proudly held out his hand of cards revealing indeed a straight.

"Man you're pretty good." Johnny smiled and held out his hand for a high five.

Ponyboy however took this as an opportunity to hold his hand. The slightly older boy blushed a deep shade of red once he felt they're fingers lace together, but he didn't pull away.

They just laid their intertwined hands back down on the grass and continued playing.

Mr. Curtis watched them, smiling. "Well it seems our boys have taken a liking to each other."

The their three adults looked over. "It seems so." Mr. Cade laughed. "looks like we're gonna have a wedding on our hands pretty soon."

Their two wives smiled and rolled their eyes. "Oh, my, my, my. Is our boy really already that grown up?"

Take me back to the house in the back yard tree
Said you'd beat me up you were bigger than me
You never did, you never did