An alternate Universe

Slight mpreg but the story doesn't revolve around it.

I was about to leave. I had been here for long enough, and was getting sick of it. I had never been to a bar before, but I was was tired of being lonely. I had spent too many nights by myself, and finally cracked. But this wasn't a place for me. I was just about to get up and head home, when the most beautiful boy I had ever seen walked up and sat next to me.

He had curly black hair that matched his black eyes and his naturally tanned skin. "Hey," he smiled at me.

I shook my head slightly to get out of my trance. "H-hey..." I stammered.

"I've been here for a while and you're the first guy I've seen who doesn't look like a jerk." He laughed and so did I. "So what's your name?"

"Ponyboy." I answered. "What's yours?"

"Johnny." We shook hands, and it was then when I noticed a silver band on his ring finger.

But I ignored it.

I ignored it as we drank. I ignored it as we laughed. I ignored it as we talked. And I definitely ignored it as I left the bar and went home with him. The two of us entered his bedroom, stumbling around and making out. We fell back on his bed in a fit of giggles. He began to remove his shirt and I didn't stop him. I let him undress me, and soon enough I found myself undressing him as well.

  We shared a blissful night, but in the back of my mind, was that silver wedding band, on his left ring finger.

-

  When I woke up, I found him cooking breakfast for me. "Morning..." he said quietly, and brought over a plate of eggs and toast to me. I waved, feeling a bit awkward, seeing as I was only in a pair of boxers, but he didn't say anything about it. "I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but I hope you enjoy it."

  I took a bite and sighed. "It's really good, thank you."

  He giggled lightly. "Would you like some Aspirin or something? When I woke up my head was killing me..." I nodded as he got the bottle and handed it to me.

  We talked more over breakfast and I learned that he was a cute a shy boy, which was very different from the confident person who was under the influence of alcohol that I had met last night. He was very quiet and let me do most of the talking.

  After breakfast he let me take a shower and brought me some clothes while mine were in the washer. I was bigger than he was, so there was no way I could fit into his. But these clothes were bigger, signifying that they were another mans.

  That should have been a wake up call that this man was taken.

  ...but I ended up spending more time with him. We went on several different dates, and I never brought up her spouse, and he never mentioned him. I started to feel more connected to him throughout our dates...and our passionate nights...

  Months passed and I realized...I was falling in love with Johnny Cade. I was over at his house again when I finally decided that I needed to ask: "What am I to you?"

  He paused for a moment and looked at me kinda funny. "Well you're my lover, right?"

  He said it so easily, as if he had done nothing wrong. So I ignored the pain and continued to fall in love with him.

  Week later, he asked me a funny question. I was sitting on the couch while he was laying down with his head on my lap. "Do you ever imagine yourself in an alternate universe?" He asked.

  "Huh?"

  "An alternate universe? Like living in a fantasy universe, or being a prince? That kind of stuff."