Theater Class

Pony's P.o.V.

I swiftly walked into the theater room, right as the bell rang. "Looks like you're just in time," Johnny snickered as I took my seat. I stuck out my tongue and giggled lightly.

"Alright class, places," my teacher, Mr. Smith, announced. We all got into our seats and waited for instruction. Mr. Smith grabbed a stack of papers off of his desk and began passing them out to everybody. "For this particular exercise, you are going to need a partner. So please, pair up with someone."

I quickly jerked my head towards Johnny who smiled at me. I grinned back and jumped over a few chairs before landing in one next to him. "Were you excited or something?" He asked playfully.

I nodded happily. "Of course. You're the best partner I could ever choose."

  He blushed lightly and just shook his head.

"Today you will be required to take turns reciting the poem given to you, to your partner. Tomorrow you will present it in front of the class." The teacher smiled.

"That doesn't sound too hard." I said.

Johnny nodded. "Yeah...lets read over the poem first and then decide who goes first.

I nodded and began reading over it, but as I was reading I realized something that made my face turn beet red. It was a love poem. I looked around the room and found that everybody was in a similar situation.

  Johnny's face was red too, but he looked more calm about the situation. "You okay Ponyboy?"

  I nodded slowly and laughed. "I'm fine. So, you want me to read it first?"

  "Sure if you want."

  We moved into the hallway to get a quiet area to practice and sat on the floor. I set the paper in front of me and took a deep breath, before beginning to read. "I came in from camp, and you from the city...Uncertain, apprehensive still--" I looked up at Johnny and smiled at him, trying to play my characters part. "Having for days rehearsed, each by its own script, the play of attitudes and words, the first tentative touch, the implied yes, and always the ultimate embrace."

  I paused and looked up, finding him leaning resting his chin in his hand. He was also playing his part. A person in love. Facial expression and the way you act is always important for poems like these.

I continued on. "But as it happened: I took your hand to cross the street, and our fingers held..." Slowly, I reached over and held his hand. "The way vines do in growing," He smiled all dreamy-like and squeezed my hand, making my stomach flutter.

"And we were wonderfully inarticulate---we were breathlessly afraid..." he scooted closer to me, and I thought that it was kinda funny that most of this poem described how I was feeling right now. "W-we were...breathlessly afraid...?"

"You already said that Pone..." Johnny whispered, leaning closer to me, but I couldn't find my voice to continue on with the rest of the poem. Breathlessly afraid...exactly how I am now.

It suddenly occurred to me that maybe we weren't just two people acting as if we were in love for a project. Maybe it was an easy thing to do, because we didn't really have to act.

  We stared into each other's eye for what felt like years, each of us waiting on the other to say something. We were still holding hands, and his thumb was lightly running over the top of my hand.

  Finally, I spoke. "Johnny...I-I...I think..."

  His eyes shined with hopefulness, and then dimmed slightly for fear of rejection. "Yeah?" His voice was so quiet; so adorable.

  "I think-" I leaned in, and he did too. "-that I'm in love with you..."

  I'd never seen him smile like he did right then. "You are?" I nodded and smiled as well. Johnny tackled me into a hug, which I gratefully returned, and he began laughing. "Oh Pony..."

  We looked at each other, and found ourselves leaning in again. We were alone in the halls, which meant now was as good a time as ever. I closed the distance between us and kissed him. He squeaked lightly in surprise, but kissed back nonetheless.

  When we broke apart he was still smiling, and still clinging onto me.

-TheFandomLife- here's my entry for your contest thing 😄  it's one of like...two I think. I can't decide which other draft I want to finish, but for now here's this one