Someone Like You

Just a heads up, this one is gonna be short. You won't understand it if you haven't read my other story Anxiety because it's in Jeffy's P.o.V. It's if he didn't die. Based off the song Someone like You by Adele. I recommend the song

Jeffy's P.o.V.

I didn't really know what love was...until I met Ponyboy Curtis. No one had ever acted as if they truly cared about me except him.

Of course my Anxiety told me that he would never in a million years like me the way I liked him. The way I loved him. But...I wasn't wrong. He liked Johnny; no, he loved Johnny. I could see it in his eyes. I could see how happy he made him, and no matter how bad I wanted to be with Pony, I knew I could never make him that happy.

So I didn't try to interfere. I didn't try to convince him that I was better, because I wasn't. I don't know if there's anyone better than Johnny for him.

I thought that... I thought that if I kissed him I could get over him. I think that he wasn't sure how he felt about me...so he wanted to try it to prove to himself that there was nothing.

And for him, there was nothing.

There's a whole different story for me. I thought it'd help me forget about the feelings...but for me, it was far from over.

The worst part about the loss was that it ruined our friendship. For me at least a. Not because I was mad that he didn't feel the same way, I already expected that. It's because he knows how I feel, and he knows just how much I loved him.

All because of that stupid suicide note. I should have known that he would read it before I told him to. But...I kinda wanted him to read it. I wanted him to stop me, to know that he still cared about me.

He says he still cares, and I believe him. But I still stopped talking to him, which is killing me inside. The way I left things wasn't right. He probably felt that I was gonna kill my self because of him. That wasn't it at all.

Anyways, I had to make things right, so that's what I did. I had made the painstaking walk to his house and slowly knocked on the door. When it opened I was greeted with Johnny.

He gave a small gasp and looked down. "Jeffy...how can we help you?"

I gulped. Why did it have to be him who opened the door? Anyone else but him and this would have been so much easier. "I...I was wondering if I could talk to Pony."

He shifted around uneasily but then smiled and nodded. "Yeah, he'd be thrilled to see you. I'll go get him." He turned but I grabbed his wrist quickly.

"I just gotta talk to him. I know he loves you." I had to let him know. I wouldn't ever even think about trying to take Ponyboy from him.

He nodded, and then left to go get him. A few minutes later Pony showed up and seemed surprised that I was there. "Jeffy?" He smiled lightly and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back and then quickly pulled away. "I won't stay for long."

He shook his head. "You can stay as long as you'd like, our home is your home."

"No..." I almost whispered. "I showed up uninvited. It wouldn't be right."

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

I sighed and looked up. "I just had to come and make things right..."

He seemed confused, but urged me to continue.

"I want you to know that I'll never try to take you from Johnny, because I know how happy he makes you."

"I know that Jeffy." He put a hand on my shoulder.

"I also just wanted to say a proper goodbye. Not an 'I'm gonna kill my self goodbye' just a...goodbye. I'm not gonna stick around here anymore." I looked away.

"Jeffy you don't have to leave..." he frowned.

"I know that, but I still am. I only want to ask you to do one thing." He looked a little worried and I chuckled a bit. "And no, it's not a kiss. I just want you to promise to not forget. I'm begging you...please don't."

"I won't Jeffy, you'll always be one of my greatest friends." He smiled.

"Thanks...see ya around Ponyboy Curtis." I turned on my heel and began walking away, content with how I left things.

I'll never find anyone else like Ponyboy, but that doesn't mean I can't be happy. As long as he never forgets me...I'll be okay. I know it.