Stares and HookUps

Two-bit eyed Johnny suspiciously. The tan skinned boy sat on the couch, staring at Ponyboy who was doing his homework at a table across the room.

He wore a small smile, which struck Two-bit as odd since Johnny usually never smiled.

Every once in a while Pony would look up and smile back. They would lock eyes for about a minute before Pony shook his head go back to his homework.

Two cocked an eyebrow. "Why do ya keep looking at him like that?"

Johnny looked at him wide eyed. "W-what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

The younger grease shook his head and gave a nervous chuckle. "Did you have a few too many beers?"

Ponyboy smiled to himself at their conversation, loving how cute Johnny sounded.

Two-bit gave Johnny one more look, but just ruffled his hair and stood up. "Probably."

He walked into the kitchen and dragged the first person he could find outside, which happened to be Dallas Winston.

"What the hell?" Dally hissed.

"Dallas, Johnny's in love!" Two-bit whisper yelled excitedly.

That got Dally's attention. "What? With who?"

"Ponyboy." He answered smugly.

Dally raised an eyebrow. "How do you know?"

Two-bit poured slightly. "Well I don't know for sure, but if I were to bet all the booze in the world on it..."

"You're that sure?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"Well does Pony like him back?" Dally could see where this was going.

"I think so. They were staring at each other nonstop just a second ago." The rusty haired greaser grinned.

"Well you know what this means right?"

"Oh yeah!" Two-bit smirked. "Were definitely getting them together!"

They walked inside and found Pony rummaging around in the ice box. "Hey guys." He said without looking up. "What were y'all doing in the back yard?"

"None of your business." Dally looked over at his friend and smirked.

Two-bit put an arm around Pony's shoulder. "Say kid, you wanna go on a date?"

"Sorry Two-bit. You're not really my type." The youngest greaser chuckled and wiggled out of his grasp.

"Not with me smarty. It'll be a blind date. But we think you'll like the person we picked."

Pony frowned and realized that his friends were serious. "No thanks guys. I'm good."

Dally glared at him. "Lemme rephrase what Two-bit said: You're going on this date whether you like it or not."

Pony gulped and furrowed his brows. "Fine." He grumbled and stomped into the living room.

Dally and Two-bit smiled at their work. Now all they had to do was get Johnny there.

While Dallas and Two-bit were celebrating, Pony and Johnny were wallowing in self pity upstairs. "I can't get out of it baby. I'm really sorry." He kissed his secret boyfriend.

Johnny poked out his lip. "I guess I understand. Dally can be real intimidating."

"Don't worry. I'll act uninterested the entire time." Pony smiled, adoring Johnny's beautiful face, which he kissed again.

There was a knock on the door and they pulled away from each other. "Come in." Pony yelled.

Two-bit stepped inside and grinned. "Ready for your date?"

Ponyboy rolled his eyes. "Sure." With that, Two-bit dragged him to the Dingo.

Johnny sighed and walked into the living room, plopping down on the couch. Saturday's were their days. Now it was being taken away.

The phone rang, and since no one else was home he decided to answer. "Hello?"

Dally was on the other end. "Hey Johnnycakes. Wanna meet me for dinner at the Dingo?"

Johnny raised an eyebrow. "W-well sure but, weren't you j-just at the house?"

"Uh, yeah. But I thought you were at the lot so I went to go find you. When you weren't there I assumed you were still at the house." Dally thought it was a pretty good save.

Johnny sighed. At least it would be something to get his mind off of Pony on a date with someone else. "Alright, I'll meet you there."

"Come to our usual table." Dally said and hung up.

Johnny shook his head and walked to the Dingo. When he got there and walked to their usual table, he was shocked to see Ponyboy sitting there, watching the ice float around in his drink.

He began to put two and two together, and laughed. "I hope you don't act uninterested this entire time."

Pony looked up, and broke out into a grin when he saw Johnny. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

Johnny sat down. "Apparently, I'm your date."

Pony chuckled. "Man, they tried to set us up?"

"It seems so."

They both laughed and enjoyed dinner together. When they got home, Dally and Two-bit were pleased to see that they were laughing and smiling.

"So...you boys have a good time?" Two-bit asked and Pony nodded.

"A great time."

"Are y'all a thing now?" Dally licked his lips nervously.

Johnny looked down at the ground. "We already were a thing."

The older greasers sat there dumbstruck. "What?"

"We've been dating for months." Pony smiled and laced his fingers with Johnny's.

"Actually-" Two-bit glanced at Dally. "That would explain a lot."

Dally nodded. "Yeah. Like why Pony didn't want to go in the date."

Ponyboy shrugged. "I love Johnny."

Johnny smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Well, I guess we'll leave you two alone for now." Two winked and dragged Dally into a different room.

Johnny shook his head and kissed his boyfriend. "Tonight went better than expected."

Pony nodded. "A whole lot better."

Word Count: 933

Scenario: Person A stares at Person B across the room mixed with otps friend attempt to get them together but they're already dating.