Chapter Five

AN: if any of you are confused on the voice, I guess I'll explain it a little bit :) its not really an actual voice that's haunting Brooke or anything, its just herself telling her all these false things bc she's worried and scared she's gonna loose him. Sometimes we just over think things. We all get that, right? I know I do. But yeah, she's not being haunted or anything lol. :) She just can't really imagine going back to her life without Ashton, and just thinking about it makes her feel a little crazy. okay thanks for reading :-) follow me on twitter ayyy :) @whirwin

I woke up early this morning, as my eyes opened before my alarm clock could even go off. I blinked a couple times, letting my heavy eyelids block out the approaching morning light. I could already hear the life of the city igniting for the day below me, and I couldn't help but groan. People are so loud sometimes. I opened my eyes once again, and sat up. I grabbed my glasses off the floor, and slid them onto my face, blinking a few more times.

I looked around my room, contiplating whether I should sleep for another ten minutes and wait until my alarm clock goes off, or just get up right now. I groaned, but got out of bed. The room was surprisingly cold as I walked around, looking for something to wear. I decided on the usual: skinny jeans and a random tshirt on the floor. I walked into my bathroom, and flicked the lights on. Humming whatever song I could think off, I quickly put my contacts into my eyes, and shook my hair out. I grabbed my phone that was charging next to the sink, and I decided to text Brooke before heading off to school.

*Brooke's POV*

I sat there, my eyes staring across my room. My mouth was shut, my arms were wrapped around my knees to keep myself warm, and I just sat there. I've been up since 4:00 in the morning, and I don't think I've blinked once. The most I've been able to move was to only rock back and fourth as I sat ontop of my bed, unable to speak or get up. I've never felt more tired in my entire life, and I felt too weak to do anything. I felt too weak to even think clearly.

I can't loose him I can't loose him I can't loose him... the words replayed in my head, yet I couldn't speak them out loud. I couldn't physically say what I think, because there was no one here to listen to me. I managed to tear my eyes away from the wall, to see that the sky was turning to a faint shade of pink, indicating that I had to get myself to get up after so long.

I won't loose him I won't loose him I won't loose him... words of encouragement repeated in my head, and I took a deep breath. I pulled myself off the bed, shuttering to myself at how cold I felt. I walked pretty slow, almost like a zombie as I searched my closet for something to wear. I stood infront of the open doors for a couple minutes, shutting my eyes and just standing there, motionless.

Can't lose him can't loose him can't loose him...

I heard a vibrate come from my phone from across the room, and my eyes instantly shot open. A burst of eagerness and panic shot through me, causing me to spin on my heels and dash over to the other side of the room. I dove for my phone, landing on my hands in knees with a thump as I reached out and snatched my phone into my hands. I sat back on my heels in relief, finally breathing out a breath I didn't know I had been holding in. I smiled like an idiot, because Ashton had texted me.

"Gooood morning!" it said. "The sun is shining, so I guess that's a pretty good sign, yeah?"

I smiled to myself, reading the text his cute little voice, feeling the pounding in my chest die down. I hopped up, and replied to his text as I went back to getting ready for what I hoped would be a less stressful day.

Though, the tranquil feeling in my heart faded after a matter of minutes.

*Ashton's POV*

I walked up the stairs that led to the enterance of my school, sighing to myself. The last thing I wanna do today is go to geometry. Like, fuck that. I peered up at the rising sun, and then I glanced around the courtyard as I walked in. It looked like it usually does; half empty, and quiet. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked alone, looking around as I went over to the other side of the area. I saw the usual groups and cliques, but they didn't seem to pay much attention to me. Thank god.