Chapter Twenty Five

AN: I'm sorry if this chapter is a little filler-ish, but ty for reading :)

-

"So wait..." Michael's voice trailed off and he looked down to the floor of Calum's bedroom. "You appologized to her?"

It was Sunday afternoon, and I was with Michael, Calum, and Luke, trying to write another orginal song for our band. We have been a little innactive with this for quite sometime, and now all we were trying to do was get back on track. Well...at least I was trying to work on it, while the rest of the boys were pestering me with countless questions. They were all about the same things, and they were the things that I didn't want to talk about right now.

"Yes," I nodded slowly, still looking down at the almost blank sheet of paper I held in my lap. It only had one line so far, which I came up with. Everyone else, was talking of different subjects, all involving Brooke.

"But why?" Luke asked. I glanced up at him for a second, feeling my jaw tighten with uneasiness.

"What rhymes with grade?" I said to the group, dismissing Luke's previous question.

"Trade, made, layed, fade..." Calum looked up at the ceiling in thought. "Fade?"

"How the fuck can I use 'fade' in this?" I asked, growing frustrated. I am shit at writing songs, it feels like. I usually enjoy doing it, but for some reason today I felt no inspiration or motives to write anything whatsoever. I looked at Calum for an answer, but he glanced over to Michael for a few moments.

"What do we have so far?" He asked me.

"She's dropping out of school cause she don't need the grades," I replied. "Would it kill you to pay attention?"

"Sorry," Calum answered. "Uh...I don't know, actually. Let me think about it for a moment."

"He'll get back to you," Michael added to the conversation. "In the mean time, can you answer Luke's question?"

I slumped my back against the wall, glaring down to the floor. I didn't want to answer their qustions right now. I didn't want to talk about anything except the song that we met up to write today. "What was the question again?" I asked sarcastically. Michael scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, sitting against the opposite wall as me.

"He asked why you appologized to your girlfriend," he repeated Luke's question that I want to avoid. I didn't know what my answer would be, because my reason would probably be ridiculous to them. "So why did you?"

"Because I wanted to." was all I said, looking down again. I didn't just want to appologize, I had to. If I hadn't, she would have gotten even more angry with me.

"Well that's a shitty reason to apologize to her." Michael said bluntly. I rolled my eyes, and picked my pencil up again. I wonder what the next line could be. I ignored the stares they all gave me, as if they were trying to egg me on to explain even further... but I didn't want to.

"Why don't you help?" I snapped, glaring up at Michael. "This band was your idea too."

Michael narrowed his eyes at me, looking at me with an annoyed expression on his face. "How can I concentrate when it's really obiovus that you're pissed off?" he asked me.

"I'm not pissed off," I said truthfully. Honestly, I wasn't mad at anything. I was tired, frustrated with their questions, and sad if anything. My sleep last night was better because Brooke was there, but even that wasn't enough. "I'm fine."

"Doesn't seem like it," Michael shrugged. "But whatever."

"Thank you." I mumbled, happy to drop the subject. The room went quiet once again, and now I couldn't concentrate either. I sighed, crumpled up the sheet of paper, and tossed it into the trashcan.