Chapter Twenty Eight

Monday morning rolled around...maybe a little too quickly for my liking. It was the same thing as always: my alarm clock having no mercy for my ears, and me groaning in frustration and anger. I hate Mondays...especially when I have to wake up so damn early. It looked to me like it was still fucking dark outside, which annoyed me even more. I slowly got up with my eyes still closed, and stumbled over to my bathroom to wash my face off.

I haven't spoken to Ashton since Saturday morning. So that means that there was a whole day and a half in which we haven't said or texted a word to each other. It felt really weird to have that happen, but I wasn't going to be the one to run to the other first and beg for forgiveness. Obviously I'll say sorry at school today, but all day Saturday and Sunday I wasn't in the mood to appologize first. Honestly, why would I? Once again Ashton was being unreasonable, so I had to stand up for myself. I wasn't going to let myself be told that I'm a bitch when he was just over reacting...again.

I got ready for the day, throwing on the first outfit I could find. I was still tired, and still not in the mood to go to school today. I'm never in the mood aymore, but what can I say? School is boring, tiring, and full of really judgemental people. I was so done with the school year, but unfortunately we still have a couple months left. When summer finally hits, I'll be relieved. Especially since senior year is usually easier than sophmore and junior, everything will be smoother after this school year ends. My grades are still straight A's, though a few have dropped percents. I don't really think that's a big deal that I should worry about, though. I wonder how Ashton's grades are doing. 

I grabbed my bag and finished getting ready, and quickly ate a bowl of cereal before saying goodbye to my mother and little brother and heading out the door. I decided to take my dad's car again, and once again I thought about where the hell that guy is. I haven't seen him in what felt like forever, and I really don't know if he's going to ever come back. But I shouldn't care..he's a douche. 

...

I walked up the steps of my school about 10 minutes later, sighing to myself. Of course, I saw everyone  hated right when I entered the courtyard. I've grown to hate a lot of people in this school, and even though there is a decent amount of people that I like and have partied with, the others I really just don't like. They looked at me like I was crazy, or that they lke to stare at me and then talk to the people that they're with about me. 

"Brooke." I heard a random voice say behind me. I spun on my heels to see a group of guys, and I'm pretty sure that I could recognize their faces from Friday night.

"Hi." I said to them.

"Friday was fun," one of them laughed. "Hot girls should grind against each other more often."

"...Um okay," I said awkwardly. They all laughed douchey laughs, and a few high-fived each other. I crossed my arms over my chest and eyed them, silently letting them know that it would be smart to shut the hell up. They ignored my glare, and just walked away.

"Like five people have said the same thing to me too," I heard Leila's voice behind me. I turned back around to see her jogging over to me. I glanced past her breifly, and to my surprise the bench at the other side of the courtyard was empty. "It's kind of funny."

"Yeah I guess," I lightly laughed. "Have a good rest of your Friday night?"

"Mhm," Leila giggled, looking to the floor. "How about you?"

"Uh..." my voice trailed off, thinking of Ashton. "Yeah, it was fine."

"Great! And I'm sorry I didn't take you home, you got there safely?"

"I somehow woke up at Ashton's, so yeah." I laughed.

"Damn you're good at drunk walking!" Leila joked. "Alrighty then. I'll see you soon." She smiled at me one last time, before turning back around and skipping off to her usual group of friends. I could recognize them all now, even the ones that I've never really talked to. I would go over there, but I've got to go to my usual spot for a various amount of reasons. So with a sigh, I hurried over to the bench and slumped down onto it. I crossed one leg over the other, and shut my tired eyes for a little. I wanted to rest them, and I also didn't want to let them wander around and accidentally see more people staring at me. It's quite annoying, to be completely honest.