Chapter Ten

"BROOKE I'M GONNA CRY-" Ashton burried his face in his hands, shaking it back and fourth. We both broke into a laugh, as the 2nd to last song on my mix tape began to play.

"Baby why are you gonna cry?" I asked.

"Because this is perfect!" Ashton exclaimed, looking over to me with squinted eyes. We were sat on his couch, letting the CD I had made for him blast through the room. Ashton's grandmother was still at work, leaving us to ourselves on this Saturday afternoon. We didn't have time to listen to my tape yesterday, since there was an emergency 5 Seconds of Summer meeting in Michael's bedroom that lasted until 11:30 at night. It was halfway through the weekend, which made that weird feeling of nervousness come back into me for the 1000th time. I had spent last night and all day today with Ashton, but there were thoughts that never left my mind.

I'll admit: this whole day today and yesterday, my mind has either been on Ashton, or his mother. Sunday... that's so close...tomorrow, to be exact. It's almost too close, and everytime I thought about it I felt nervous. I don't know what there is to be so nervous about, but I'm scared of how it will be. Standing in the same room with this reunited family will probably something amazing, but I just hoped everything goes well, good terms are made, and everything gets better. And when I say that, I mean for Ashton. I think this could help him, and I want to help him. Of course I want to help him; I love him. And even though I'm too afraid to say it, I still do.

"It's not that great, Ash." I laughed, linking my arm around his.

"Yes it is!" Ashton protested to my comment. I just shook my head, but I kept my eyes glued to him as he gently rocked back and fourth, his eyes focused on the wall with his eyebrows furrowed. It looked as if he was in some kind of trance of thought, taking in every lyric of every song I put on here, and trying to connect himself to it. It's looked like that this whole time, and he looked perfect.

"I've taught you so well." he laughed, glancing over to me with a wink.

"I learn from the best," I agreed with a nod. The song that was playing ended, and I frowned, because it was almost over. But a smile spread across my face, and I stood up. Ashton looked up at me with a look of confusion, but that look soon vanished as the last song came on. I remember putting this song on here, because it reminded me most about him: "The Reason."

Ashton's eyes widened as he said absolutely nothing, and he just stared at me."How did you know this was my favorite song?" he asked. My eyes widened a little bit too, because I had no idea that he even knew this song.

"It is?" I asked.

"Yes!" Ashton cheered, standing up as well and quickly rambling on about how much he loves it. I couldn't help but laugh at his excitement, and his hand found mine, pulling me into him. "Dance with me?" he asked.

"Dance with you?" I repeated. Ashton nodded, his eyes full of encouragement.

"How do I do that?" I asked, feeling lame as usual.

"It's easy!" Ashton said.

"I'm not a perfect person..." the song in the background sang. "There's many things I wish I didn't do."

"Alright. Teach me." I smiled at him. Ashton nodded again, his face lit up like a christmas tree. I watched as he intertwined our left hands together, and placed my right on his shoulder. I looked up at him as he looked back down at me with a sparkling look in his green eyes. His free arm came around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"And so I have to say before I go," the song said. "That I just want you to know..."

I kept my eyes on Ashton as we both moved our feet, surprisingly in sync. He stepped forward, with me stepping backward. I kept my fingers locked with his and my other hand on his shoulder, watching him as we just...well, moved. Back and fourth, from side to side, keeping our chests pressed together. The warmth of his body washed over me, with the softness of his skin against mine. It made me feel relaxed and tranquil, as he usually does when we're so close together.