ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

I cradle Jack's body, trying to put pressure on the wound that went straight through his arm. He was there, but barely even had a pulse.

We got to the hospital and Cole picked him up I was in my bra and shorts so cole tossed his leather jacket at me before quickly sprinting to the front desk. I zipped it up following behind him. The rest of my family was on there way. No one else in my family was hurt besides Jack.

Jack was the most innocent child ever. He had nothing to do with the Mafia in fact he didn't even know it was a thing. He just wanted to play with his cars and be with Cheryl. He was the biggest sweetheart too, he didn't have a single mean bone in his little body.

They had my little jack on a stretcher heading to the elevator. The nurses yelled across things, but soon the elevator doors closed and they were gone.

I felt a hand grip my shoulder in a comforting way. It sent goosebumps up my entire body. I turned around and met Coles eyes.  I looked down at his shirt and saw a huge blood stain but it wasn't his. Jacks blood was all over him and I, sticking to our skin.

"Hey, look I know we got off on the wrong hand but Im sorry. I hope your brother will be ok" he said while giving me a soft smile.

"It's  ok to cry Sky, I'm here and your family is on your way and in a couple days your little bro will be up playing with his toys or whatever the hell he does ." He gave me a side hug and I layed my head on his shoulder and just waited. Time seemed to slowly tic by. Second after second the guilt with in me grew more and more. I tapped my foot on the floor in an antsy motion. I kept looking up hoping there was a word from the doctors.

"Cole this is all my fault, If I would of just let me dad pack us up and leave, jack  would be ok and I wouldn't be talking to you as if you were my friend and it's all my fault this..ss is happening to my f..family. Because...e of my decision." I said while crying my eyes out. I buried my head in his shoulder as I cried.

Cole turned my face to where I was looking at his godly green eyes and wiped the tears off my
Face and Before he could say anything my dad showed up in the waiting room.

He stomped in like a child throwing a tantrum little did I know his wrath would be released.

He looked pissed "SKYLAR ANN HAYES IF WE WOULD HAVE LEFT THAT WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.I TOLD YOU THIS SHIT WOULD HAPPEN YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID. MY BABY BOY IS IN HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF YOU. HOW WAS I SO STUPID TO AGREE WITH YOU. I SHOULD OF SAID NO THAT WE COULDN'T STAY. THIS IS ALL ON YOU SKYLAR..." he was staring into my eyes and I could see his eyes watering. Dad held his hands to a hips and glared at me like if he was ashamed of me.  I looked down with plead in my eyes as everyone who was working on the floor's head had turned to look at the commotion.

Cole tried pulling me closer to him and I shook him off. I didn't want his comfort, to be honest, I just wanted to curl up in a ball.

I dont need to be scared of my dad never have been and never will be.

I walked towards him to where I was right in his face looking up to him but the plead turned to sorrow and the wave of emotions overcame me.

"Dad don't you think I feel horrible about all this? I know that I fucked up dad, but all I wanted was for Jack to be happy and look what happened. I'm really sorry daddy please forgive me i'm so new to this all." I said just wanting peace.

He took breathe then gave me hug. His hug felt so distant,but no matter how long he held on to me that never changed. I pulled away and looked into my fathers eyes. Rage still blared through them but they seemed to be softer then when he entered the room.