ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ

2 Months Later...

It was June. The humidity and the heat in the air making me regret moving to San Diego. The sun was beginning to set making the sky look vibrant with orange and pink colors.

I sat in the small café sipping coffee looking out the window. Cars passed by along with people walking along the streets. Two months had passed and yet I still feel the paranoia that Cole will find me once again. It's hard to forget the things if done and the nightmares seem to get worse.

I felt a small hand touch mine startling me but I turned and faced Jack and Hunter.  I quickly sat up and gave Jack a tight hug. Hunter looked at me but spoke not a single word. 

Jack sat next to me talking about his day at the beach and I just nodded and smiled not truly listening. My eyes roaming everywhere making sure that we were safe. Jack's voice slowly faded out and he sat there pouting at me.

"Do you guys want to go to the baseball game I can get tickets."  I softly say as Hunter looks down at his phone swiping through pictures of Jessica. Jack's face lit up with a smile nodding like a bobblehead.

"I'm going home take him or don't." Hunter huffed out then stood up shaking the table with the pressure of him standing up.

I had a feeling that he blamed me for what happened to his girlfriend and baby.  Things were never the same between us.  He had gotten his own apartment on the opposite side of town as me and only came over when Jack wanted to see him.

"Let's go to the game!" Jack yelled at Hunter making everyone's head turn making it silent for a second but like with everything else they get on to do their own thing. Hunter tucked his hand in his denim jeans and walked out.

"Indoor voice Jack," I whispered to him scolding him with my eyes. I took one last sip of my coffee then stood up leaving a hundred dollar tip on the table because that's all I was carrying right now. "We will go right now but I just need to stop by the office and check up on my new assistant," I said as we walked out. Jack intertwined his small hand in mine as we walked.

As we got to the Rolls Royce I opened the door for Jack and he stepped in sitting in his blue car seat. I smiled but it soon faded as I closed the door seeing someone holding a gun to my face in the reflection of the window.

"Give me all your money." The harsh raspy voice screeched out.  I turned around and sighed the gun pressed against the center of my forehead.

"Now mister I'd be more careful people aren't always who they seem to be. " I said cockily. I wasn't scared and this isn't the first time I've had a gun pressed to my head.

"GIVE ME THE DAMN MONEY." He said spitting with each word. His eyes were bloodshot meaning he was either high or didn't sleep.

"How about no. You can go on with your little pathetic druggy life and leave me alone or I'll take these matters into my own hands and you do not want that to happen. " I said reaching up for the gun realizing the safety was still on.  My hand wrapped around the gun and I quickly pulled it out of his hands. He was startled and took steps back.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see this stunning man walk towards us. He was tall and had these colorful tattoos popping out of his white shirt. He looked like he was made by the gods themselves. A took a deep breath.

I looked back at the man in front of me and aimed it at him

"Take the gun..." I sighed out "Pro tip make sure you have bullets in it if you want to something." I said tossing him the gun as he scurried off like a little mouse.

The man-made god walked towards me. He ran his fingers through his brown hair and looked down at me. My cheeks flooded with pink pigment making me look down at the floor.

"I was just about to help you but it looks like you saved yourself." He said with a sexy dark husky voice.

Stop acting like a little schoolgirl I internally yelled at myself.

"I can handle myself very well stranger," I spoke up looking into his brown eyes.

"Obviously sweet cheeks." He said biting down on his lip.

"It's not sweet cheeks," I whisper getting on my tippy toes still not eye level with him. "And you will never know my name," I say winking at him and walking over to the driver's side of the car.

---------

Coles P.O.V.           

"HOW THE HELL CANT YOU FIND HER," I yelled out waving the gun at the tech guy.

"I'm trying boss it's hard she covers her tracks." He said closing his eyes and saying it out shakily.

I sighed and rubbed my temple.  "This was your last shot guess I'll need to find someone new," I said pulling the trigger as he fell to the side as the pool of blood began to seem around him.

I dragged his body outside the room. "ATTENTION. I yell out in the warehouse as it echoes making everyone's head turn.  The blood was dripping down my forearms as I held the guy's lifeless body up his hair.

"WHEN I SAY I WANT SOMETHING DONE I MEAN IT. YOU DO WHATEVER I WANT YOU TO DO AND DO IT QUICK. YOU DON'T WANT TO END UP LIKE THIS SHIT." I yell out as everyone's eyes slightly widen. They all nod and go back to their work.

"Someone clean this up and figure out what to do with the body,"  I yell out throwing the body hard on the floor stepping around the body.

Kane stood in the doorway smoking a cigarette. "That girl you were with a while ago is here. She's not my sister though, sorry." He said while laughing.

I pushed past him and there stood Siena. Her back to faced towards me as her straight light red hair blew in the soft breeze.

"What are you doing here Siena," I said spinning her around. She began crying but when I looked down that's when I saw it.

"Cole I knew I should've told you earlier but you were always too busy. It's your baby." She cried out.  I took a step back and tilted my head looking at her.

Is it bad that all I could think about right now was Skylar? I sighed and looked at Siena and the small baby bump. I saw this with Skylar in our nonexistent future.

I truly loved Skylar Ann Hayes. She was fierce but also had the sweetest heart, her issues made her stronger. But life goes on and I can't live that time over and over again. A new chapter is standing literally in front of me. I hope Skylar gets everything she wanted in life. I don't want her heart to be broken even more because deserves a happy ending...

THE END

----------------

Authors note:

You guys you don't understand my feelings right now whoa I just finished my first book. I hope you enjoyed it and didn't get bored. If you read this I appreciate you so much and your reads mean the world to me.

But don't worry there is still the epilogue but its pretty short...

THERE WILL BE A SECOND BOOK IVE MADE A LITTLE SOMETHING TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS UNTIL I PUBLISH IT. IT'S A SNEAK PEAK OF WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT ;)

-Liz