ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Skylar's Point of View

       The sun shined bright. The air outside was still cold even though it was spring. The light shined right on my face, I groaned and buried my head in the white pillows. I wake up in the bed all alone; The silence of the house concerned me. Clothes sprawled out everywhere like a memoir from last night. I kept switching side trying to get comfortable but I couldn't. My head pounding and my body felt like it had been dragged from  hell and back. I groaned as I rolled out of the bed with the bed sheets still wrapped around me. I went to Cole's dresser and opened it. When I opened it there was nothing but guns. I sighed and closed it and opened the other one and pulled out a black shirt and threw it on. It rested mid thigh and was extremely comfy.

    I walked into the hallway when I heard the sound of little feet running in the hallway. I looked up and saw Jack. He was in a pajama ionize that had boats all over it. A smile grew wildly across his face showing of his missing tooth. I adjusted the shirt down and smiled back at him. He ran at me at full speed and I bent down and picked him up. He wrapped his little arms around me and hugged me so tight.

"Sissy where were you? You're never allowed to leave me again." He squealed out.

 I placed him down on the floor and her ran off into the kitchen. I smiled and followed after him.

 The smell of pancakes filled the house. I stepped into the kitchen and saw Cole in nothing but sweatpants. I walked towards him and ran my hand on his muscular tattooed arm.

"Looks like someone is finally up." He said as he handed me a stack of pancakes. Jack sat at the table waiting for me to serve him the food. I placed the plate down on the dark wood table and put two pancakes on Jack's plate.

  I walked back to the kitchen to get the cups and Cole came behind me holding me in his arms. His mouth touched my ear and softly kissed it. Chills shot up my body faster then lightning. 

"Hayes you look so fucking hot right now you should wear my clothes more often Mi Bella." He said. I swatted him away and pushed him back and rolled my eyes pushing past him. He snorted, not like a pig but in a cute way, and followed right behind me. I poured jack a cup of orange juice and sat next to him. Cole sat directly in front of me making eye contact here and there. Jack blabbed on about everything that I had missed. Something he said about hunter stuck out at me but before he could finish Cole glared at him, which made him stop.

It was now three in the afternoon and I was just on my father's laptop that Cole had given it back to me. I searched through his old emails that had piled up. I stumbled up a cross an email from a lady that look informing. It was from 5 months back.

Jack was in his room and I was all-alone. Cole had to deal with business and wouldn't be back till tomorrow.

I clicked on the email and what I read shocked me.

------------------

Dear Tanner Hayes,

You probably don't remember me but I'm Amanda Briers, we dated in freshman year of college but I moved away shortly after because of a reason I never told you. Well, I had to leave because pregnant with your baby. His name is Kane and he is now 20 years old. I didn't want to tell you because from what I heard is that you have a family now . I'm sorry about what happened to your wife all those years ago. cancer is a lot to take in and I wish you and your little girl the best of luck.  I would love for our son to meet you but I fear it's to0 late. He wants to know his dad tanner and I told him I would give it a shot.  If you don't do this for me please do it for him, he's had it pretty rough.

~ Yours truly, Amanda Briers

-----

   I sat there looking at it over and over again with my mouth wide open. No, this is a lie my dad didn't have another kid. It was jack and I no one else. I rapidly sent her an email. I closed the laptop and tossed it to the foot of the bed. Jack woke up and looked at me with blank eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes and sat up

I just shook my head and stood up.

"Jack come on we are going to Hunters." I said and he trailed behind me.

 As we walked along the sidewalk Jack complained about Hunters house being to far. His house was just down the street. As we go to the driveway of the house that I used to live in the small white car was still there. Jack had run ahead and attempted to ring the doorbell but he was too short. I laughed and rang the doorbell to my surprise a girl who had long brown hair and hazel eyes opened the door. She wore black jeans and wore a white off the shoulder shirt. I didn't want to say anything but she looked like she was pregnant. Maybe it was just my eyes trying to full me.

 Jack gave her a hug like he knew her and I just stood there in utter confusion. Hunter walked to the door and cursed under his breath.

"Jessica this is my sister Skylar, Skylar this is my girlfriend Jessica." He said as he stood behind her.

She just let out a huge smile. What is it with people being so bubbly? She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me. My arms stood by my side until she let go. She took a step back and looked up at Hunter who towered over her.

"Its so nice to meet you Skylar. I've heard so much about you. Did hunter tell you about the baby?" she asked. I looked in confusion at her then looking down at her stomach. 

"Surprise you're going to be an aunty." Hunter said. I gave him a death glare and he just winked at me. I took a step in and closed the door behind me. Jessica took Jack along with her to the media room and I walked with hunter to the office.

 I was pissed Hunter was 19 and was going to have a baby. He doesn't have a job for fucks sake and I help him pay for everything. I yelled at him in Italian and he just stood there in utter confusion. I stopped and switch back to English because I had forgotten he didn't know Italian or any other language for that matter.

"Hunter I hope you have your own job because I'm done paying for your shit. I can get you a job within the mob but every 6 months you'll give a tribute to Cole and you give him 40% of whatever you make." I said out trying to contain myself.

"I knew this was gonna happen and this is why I didn't want to tell you. You have billions of dollars and you cant even share?" he yelled out. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"That money was for me hunter not you, be thankful that I've helped you out and paid for everything but your on your own I'm not paying for a kid that is not mine. You can figure out what you want to do but this isn't what I came to talk to you about. How did the feds get you?" I asked slowly lowering my tone. He sat down in the black chair and I sat in the office chair in front of the desk.

"I was just out with friends and they found me and took me in this van and they started questioning me. It got worse when I told them to go to hell and that I'm no snitch. " He said. I just nodded and walked out. 

       I sat on the couch and buried my head in my knees so many things were happening all it once and I felt like I couldn't breath. My palms were shaking, my heart was racing, and this veil of uncertainty came over me.

The whole thing with apparently my dads son was one of the many things on my mind, but if it was really his son that means I'll be dropped from my role in the mafia because I'm not Tanners oldest kid. The sons normally are heirs and I was just an exception due to the circumstance. I had worked my ass of just so the people wouldn't treat me like shit because I was a girl and risked so much just to save the ones I loved. 

Had Amanda responded back to the email I sent her?

--------------------------

Authors note

I promised a chapter and you will receive a chapter. So now Kane has been introduced. 

What are your predictions on him?

Don't forget to vote and share if you want to of course because I'm not forcing you to do anything. See you whenever I post another chapter

~Liz