ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ

Skylar's Point of View 

Flies buzzed around me like if it was a warning. The stench filled my nose and dry blood covered the floor. The dark hallway that seemed to go on forever stretched until at the very end there was a single door.

   I turned around in disgust as James Harper trailed behind me telling me where to go. He pressed the muzzle of the gun against my head.
"I have a surprise for you just open the door." He said with a smug smile

I gulped and rested my hand on the door knob. The stench was so strong almost like rotting flesh. I held my breathe as I flung the door open.

I screamed and jumped back as I saw two decomposing bodies laying there. I quickly closed the door and vomited in the corner. Pushing my own hair out of my face as James had a Jekyll like laugh.

"You wanted to know what we did with the Moretti's well there they are the in the flesh... well rotting flesh." He spat out.

"You're sick James. I want to go now I can't deal with this. We had a deal and you need to keep your part." I said as I leaned over in the corner trying to compose myself but the stench was still so strong.

"I own you, you do what I say and you live but if not you'll end up dead. You can go wherever you want but always be ready for when I need you to do me a favor." He said as he stood there still like if he was a statue.

"You don't hurt my family or Cole and you will have my word James." I said as I turned around and tucked my hair behind my ears. He just nodded and started walking back from where we came from and I trailed behind like a little dog.

----

Sometime you have to make decisions that aren't necessarily the easiest. Life isn't supposed to be a calm ride but I wish I had a calm life. No problems and responsibilities but that's not reality. In reality life it can be more hectic then traffic in New York. 

----

3 months later

   I stand there on the porch of a little home in the Bronx banging on the door. I hear movement inside the house but no one comes to open the door. I look around the neighborhood as a group of men stand in the corner and look dead into my soul. Some smirking at me and making gestures for me to come over. I turn back around and the door opens with  a man smoking a joint behind it. He stood there wearing grey boxers and a white shirt.

"You got the wrong house sweetheart. Whats a rich bitch like you doing in the bronx." he spat out as he blew the smoke in my face. I started coughing while I fanned it away.

"Huh thats not the question you should be asking. You owe the cobras a shit ton of money. either you give it all to me right now or I will kill you." I said as I leaned against the frame of the door.

"I'm not giving you shit. The cobras are from Los Angeles what the hell are they doing all the way over here?" he looked in utter confusion. I grabbed the gun out of the waistband of my tight short skirt and aimed it him.

He backed up and I took a step in. He looked at me in utter fear begging me to not kill him.

"You chose not to give the money so here is your consequence." I held my gun in front of me and had my finger millimeters above the trigger. He quickly reached for something but by then it was to late. The gun shot echoed through the house and he fell to the floor with a hard thud. I tucked the gun back into my waistband and ran out of the house to my grey Porsche  that I had parked in the front of the house. I turned around and saw a boy who looked about 14 run to the man on the floor and held his dead body. I jumped in the car and raced off as the sirens of the police and ambulance trailed off in the distance.

I slow down once I get far enough from the Bronx. I head towards Manhattan because I had an apartment there. My phone buzzed next to me but I ignored it but it kept ringing and ringing until I finally picked it up.

It was an unknown number.

"Who the hell is this and what do you want. If its you James I hope you know I took care of it." I said as I held the phone in one hand and drove with the other.

After the person on the other end said hi I knew who it was. How did he get this number?

"Who is James sunshine?"Cole said but his tone sounded annoyed.

"Why and how the fuck did you get my number. I told you just to let me do my thing moretti. " I spat out as I hit the red light and just sat there in the car tapping on the steering wheel.

"Its important Skylar I wouldn't of called you if it wasn't. I know how you are with the whole its better if you don't have contact with me." he said.

I sighed and thought about it "Fine Cole meet me at the warehouse."

I hung up the phone and threw it in the seat next to me. The light switched to green and I drove off to the warehouse that was over an hour away.

I stood there in front on the stairs to the warehouse. This is where my life changed. I met Cole that day. 

I walked up the stairs and opened the big doors heading straight to the office while people were just staring at me like if I was a stray cat who wandered in.

I opened the office door and saw Cole sitting behind the desk. When I walked in he had a smirk but it soon faded away. He stood up and thats when I saw his arm was no completely covered in tattoos.I looked at each one of them that was visible. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.

"God I missed you so much mi amore." he said softly as he whispered it into my ear. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from him.

"What was so important you had to call me over here?" I asked as I stood inches apart from him.

If James found out that I was over here I'd be dead. I wasn't supposed to come back.

"The feds are out for all of us again. According to them they say the mafias and gangs have become more and more of a problem.The crimes aren't just drug possession but murders are increasing by a lot but I called you over here because they have hunter..."

I stopped him before he could finish. I walked out of the office and collapsed right outside the door. I held my knees to my chest and buried my face in my knees. Why does everything I do affect someone I love. In protecting them I'm hurting them. Hunter may be a little older then me but I feel responsible for him. I had to get him out of jail because he doesn't deserve to be there but I do. By now I've killed hundreds of people because as long as I do what James says he won't hurt Jack, Hunter, or Cole.

I don't even recognize my self anymore. I'm cold hearted and merciless. I'm not that little girl who hid from her problems and would run away form them;  I'm a fighter and even the devil himself is scared of me. I never wanted any of this but I do this so others won't have to. My sweet little Jack couldn't hurt a fly. I'd rather have to deal with this now then him one day.

Everything goes back to family and when you break that loyalty all hell breaks loose...

----

Authors note

Hi what did you think of this chapter? Don't forget to vote and share!

-Liz