ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

I lay down in this luxuries bed wanting to sleep but can't. So many things were flowing through my mind and if my life depended on going to sleep right this second I would be dead.

Tossing and turning all night until eventually I gave up. I shut my eyes for what felt like a second then next thing I knew the sun was shining through the window lighting up my room that was no longer dark.

When I woke up I ran down the staircase to see my dad making breakfast. I smiled and sat on the stool. Max sat at the breakfast table with hunter they were messing around with each other and just well being boys.

"Princess, Jack is fine he will be coming home tomorrow but I need to talk to you about something serious... no more kid stuff Skylar your gonna one day be the second in command of the mafia. You WILL be in charge of telling the people the bosses orders NO MESS UPS, you'll go to the shipments that come in and make sure everything is ok, and you will be everyone's lawyer if anything happens to anyone.Got it kid?" he said with a serious look on his face he turns his back to me again flipping the fluffy pancakes.

I just nodded but he didn't see just like everything else.

"Oh and you'll be working with Cole ALOT but Skylar just be careful I don't want you to get hurt." he said while taking the massive stack of pancakes to the table were Cheryl sat there waiting. Hunter and Max walked and sat down. I swirled the chair around and rolled my eyes as I stomped my way to the table.

I just wanted to eat the breakfast I really didn't care about what he said and the only word I heard was Cole out of all of that.

As the day went on I followed my dad around because he was giving me a tour or whatever the hell you wanna call it. He told me all the responsibilities and why Hunter cant be the second in command. It falls down to the fact that I'm my dads first heir that is while hunter is older he shares no blood with him. if it was up to me I would want nothing to do with this stuff, I want to be a lawyer like my dad.

"Dad how the hell do you expect me to remember all these things and how am I supposed to basically run most of the mafia if I don't even know how to file a single Paper.Let alone fight they'll think of me as a joke." I pouted as he sat there in his dark office chair looking at me I took. a deep breathe "I'm just a girl who looks like they should be shopping on 5th avenue instead of being in a mafia!" I whined out.

"You'll get everything eventually theres still so much time I'm not resigning anytime soon. Oh and that reminds me of something Cole volunteered to teach you how to fight.He never does stuff like that but just keep him out of your pants Skylar I know you and I know how you are. Now if you don't mind I have way more important things to do now" he said getting up and pushing me out of the room.

"Okay dad, I get it" I huffed out under my breathe as I run back up the stairs to my room.

I threw on my sports bra and my sports leggings and headed to my gym and went on my treadmill. I heard the doorbell ring but I'm pretty sure someone answered it. I slowed down on my treadmill until it was at a complete stop.

I heard the door and there was Cole. I stared at his tattoos and his perfectly sculpted abs that led to his v line. I bit down on my lip and tried to pry my eyes off his body but I couldn't.

"Are you just gonna look at me all day or are you gonna actually do something?" he said with his deep voice.

" um...mm yeah lets get started I guess whats first?"I said while avoiding eye contact with him my cheeks were burning red.

Why was I so nervous?

"Today and for a few weeks I'll be teaching you hand to hand combat." he said while throwing his gym towel on the floor