ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

I pace around  the living room with thoughts flooding my mind.So many things and I'm just trying to focus on one. It was 4 am and everyone was asleep and here I am worried about something that is probably a lie. I look at my phone every 10 seconds just praying to see the name of the caller light up my screen.

Finally what feels like an eternity later I see Emilio's name light up my phone scream. I let out a huge breath of relief and answer.

"Thank god I thought you'd never answer. I was worried you but now that I know your ok I'll rest easy."

Silence.

"Emilio?" I asked questioning the eerie silence only hearing the breath of the caller. My heart started racing as I began pacing again.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I told you I killed Emilio along with his gorgeous wife. I killed them  just like I killed your dad and brother. I will do it again in a heart beat. Who is next? The youngest one... Wait was his name again? Ah yes it was Jack." The man said with his extremely raspy voice. Every time he spoke it sent chills down my spine and not in a good way.

"You asshole! If you are even seen in my brothers vicinity and i will have you gutted. On the other note, I have your little boy in the palm of my hands. I hope you told him that you loved him because he won't be alive any longer. Congrats you just fucked your own blood over. I think next it will be your daughter. "  I spoke with spite lingering on my tongue. I just stood there in the center of the living room

"Oh please your to much of a stuck up bitch, you can't do shit. I bet I have you trembling in your shoes right now. You're the kind of girl who doesn't want to get dirty and ruin her prissy little manicure. You think that everything is just handing to you because you're some billionaires daughter. You talk a big game and think you're everything, but newsflash your not. I'm gonna kill you and the last Moretti." he said with a harsh laugh at the very end.

I laughed. I tossed my phone on the floor and watched as its screen shattered. I left it there and went to the room.

Cole was sound asleep slightly snoring. Laying on top of the bed sheets just in his boxers. He looked so peaceful in his sleep but who doesn't. Its when you're the most vulnerable. Someone could sneak up on you and kill you and you wouldn't know, one of the many reason why I don't really sleep.

People have nightmares that are just  a fantasy and nothing more. They go on with their life well  but mine aren't fantasy's. They're the memories that haunt me. It's the same thing over and over again like on a loop just lingering there constantly and I can't do anything about it.

I sit there on the corner of the bed watching him sleep. Taking  deep breaths not knowing what to say or do.

How do you tell someone that they're parents are dead? It hits a nerve for me. I know what its like but at least he didn't witness it in front of his very eyes. Do I just wake him up or wait till morning?

I walked over to him and leaned down shaking him to wake him up. He swatted my hands away but I continued.

"What.Do.You.Want." he groaned out with his scratchy morning voice.

"It's something serious Cole. I don't want to wait to tell you because I don't you to find out from someone else." I said. He sat up against the head to board while I sat down on the foot of his bed. My eyes watering, I could feel my palms shaking.

"Fuck don't tell me your pregnant. My pull out game is on point its in possible. Unless it was that time we were both drunk. I don't really know what happened that night I just remember waking up to your naked body and......" he said but that I interrupted him

"NO I'm not pregnant Cole. I said it was something serious and I mean it." he just nodded. "I don't know how to not just rip the band aid off but I'm gonna try my best. I've been up all night trying to reach your parents but never got anything until I got a call from what I thought was your dad but I was wrong. The leader of the cobras said they killed them. Thats all I know right now I promise ill find everything I can about it and I won't let their deaths go silently they were family to me though. Blood or no blood."

Cole stared at me with a blank expression. The small amount of light from the city lit the room enough to where I could see him. His jaw clenched but not a single tear from him. He grabbed his gun form the nightstand and stood up. That's when I saw the face of pure anger and hatred. The flame in him burning in his eyes was as red as hell. It was like a switch flipped in him.

He stormed out of the room and ran to where we were holding Phoenix. I quickly followed behind begging him not to do anything stupid but he didn't listen; I was just like a whisper to him. He aimed his gun at Phoenix. The kid looked directly in his eyes begging him not to kill him.

"COLE DONT!" I yelled but it was soon drawn out by the sound of Phoenix screaming for a split second then things went quite. I opened my eyes to see phoenix with a bullet hole right in the middle of his forehead. It oozed out with blood as his body slumped over.

All the men came running towards us and just stared at us. I pushed Cole against the wall knocking the gun on the floor.

"Cole I promised that kid that we wouldn't hurt him.  I get what your going through, trust me. I wanted to kill him but I couldn't and I told you not to and yet you did. Why did you do that?" I screamed at him.

"My dad is dead babe. That means I'm the leader now. I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT SUNSHINE AND YOU CANT TELL ME A THING." he blurted out.

"Go to sleep Cole.Don't act out like some four year old throwing a temper tantrum. This isn't my first rodeo with this I get what your going through but you didn't see me act out. I took time to myself to grieve, you should to. " I said. He rolled his eyes then looked at phoenix.

"Let go of me Skylar NOW. IM GOING TO GO FIND THE REST OF THEM AND KILL THEM WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR HELP." he said. Like I was rag doll he pushed me to the floor. I landed straight on my butt while my head hit the wall with a loud thud.

Dimitri ran to me and held my head "What the fuck Cole you've been the boss for 10 minutes and you've already killed someone and hurt your girlfriend. She's trying to help you! " he blared out.

I pushed Dimitri out of my way and stood up. Hunter looked Cole dead in the eyes.

"You hurt my sister one more time and the cobras won't be your only problem Cole." he said as he clenched his fist. Cole just looked away caught up in his own grief

Cole went into the room and thew on a shirt and pants and walked out. I held my head because of the throbbing headache.As he walked away he looked at me. The anger was still there written all over his face but so was sorrow. He mouthed 'I'm sorry.'  I just nodded. I wasn't going to chase after him. He walked out the door and disappeared from my eyes.

"Alright, lets clean this mess up. Luciano go get the cleaning supplies and a garbage bag to put the body in" Leo said as he scooted past me.

Dimitri put his hand on my back and lead me to the living room. I sat on the couch and he threw me an ice pack.

"You're gonna be fine. Cole has never really had his loved ones die that he can remember. When his brother died he was too young to remember." Dimitri said as he laid on the other couch across from me.

I nodded "Thanks Dimitri for everything..." I said softly.

----

Authors note

ahhh what do you think of this chapter?

I hope you enjoyed don't forget to vote! Love ya

-Liz