ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

It was the crack of dawn but the dark curtains blocked the light out making it feel like midnight. I slowly rose out of bed not trying to wake up the beast that lies next to me. Something had changed in Cole but I had no clue what. The once caring look was no longer there; it was replaced by something more sinister and ruthless. Time really does change people and I have just yet realized it. I know for a fact that I'm not a saint, but I have my morals and that's what keeps me from tipping the iceberg.

My small luggage trailed behind me as I walked out of the room. The guard just looked at me but never said anything. I vanished under the soft morning light that was barely beginning to show.

I sat in the back of the cab as made my way to the airport. I looked down as I felt my phone simultaneously buzz in the palm of my hands. I shut it down and looked up at the drive that had been talking the entire time.

"Miss, what airline are you flying with today?" The driver asked with his extremely noticeable Italian accent. "It doesn't matter." I softly say still lost in my trance. Tracing shapes onto the palm of my hand.

I knew my action of leaving like that would have consequences but I didn't want to face the fleet of questions that Cole would've asked. He will never know exactly who my brother is.

I sat in the coach class of the plane since it was all that was available. A women and what I suppose is her toddler daughter sat next to me. The little girl had brown curly hair that was in pigtails. I softly smiled admiring the child's innocence, for she sat next killer in disguise. The little girl and had a Barbie in her hand playing with it. Her brown doe eyes looked up at me and a smile plastered her face.

"You look like my doll." She said as she held her doll to my face. She reminded me of Jack and I couldn't help but laugh.

The woman opened her eyes in embarrassment as I softly laughed. "Oh my gods Morgan, you cant say that. I'm so sorry." She said as she glared down at the little girl. I leaned my head on the back of the seat burying my hands to the pocket of the black hoodie i wore

When we got to New York I was exhausted. As I descended down the escalator I saw a swarm of paparazzi snapping pictures left and right. I quickly threw my hoodie over my head not wanting to be seen. I quickly threw on my dark sunglasses and continued to go down the escalator.  

They yelled out of my name with the constant flash of their cameras trying to get a picture of me to see who is this CEO of the Hayes cooperation. I ducked down trying to weave through them as they surround me overwhelming me.

"Is it true that your fathers death was gang related?" one asked. I ignored it and looked down. My chauffeur was nowhere to be seen among the swarm of people. 

"Are the allegations true?" they asked. I turned around in confusion.

What allegations?

"HAVE SOME RESPECT AND LEAVE ME ALONE BECAUSE IM SORRY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET A STORY OFF ME. " I snapped out as all their comments struck a nerve. They all gasped at my outburst but continued to snap pictures of me.

I felt an arm wrap around me as it pulled me to the side when I saw it was my chauffeur. He has been working for my father since I was 11. He was a kind old man who I trusted with all my heart.

"Its good to see you Skylar, I began to think you had forgotten about me. I tried finding you through the crowd but it was impossible." He said loudly over the yells of the paparazzi. 

I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight. "I missed you so much Al." I squealed out.

I hadn't seen him in forever and it was great just to see him again because when I was younger I looked up to him like a grandfather figure.