ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

When you kill someone you cross this boundary. The more you kill the further you get away from it. There is no going back. It takes an emotional toll on you whether you like it or not. You killed a living breathing human being. They'll no longer do simple things that we take for granted.

This man pleaded for his life. I could see the fear in his eyes. Whether I killed him or let him live was in the palm of my hands.

"Please don't kill me.... I have 2 kids waiting for me at home." the man chocked out. He was bleeding a lot. My heart was racing in fear and it couldn't be stopped

As soon as one tear fell down my face the rest decided to join. I stood there crying like a little child.

"I'm sorry I don't want to but forgive me...at least this way its quick and you won't be in pain anymore. I'm sorry!" I cried out. I looked down at the gun and up to the plea in his eyes. His eyes were already beginning to sink in from the amount of blood lost. It was everywhere it and honestly it scared me seeing what I'm capable of.

I held the gun to the man's temple.

"Come on Skylar I don't have all day. Cole is waiting outside for you to take you to the warehouse. We have people on the way to clean up the mess. Your dad will get you from there. Oh and you did ok,could of been better but it'll get easier sweet heart." I heard Emilio say in my ear piece. I turned my earpiece off in frustration and yank it out of my ear, watching as it breaks in half on the floor.

How is it gonna get easier I think It will just get worse,I don't want this to be my norm. I don't want  killing to feel like its nothing to me and its just my second nature.

I looked away as I pulled the trigger. I felt warm blood splatter on my face. I threw my gun back in my bag and walked out. I was covered in head to toe with blood. My once red dress stained with the dark taint of blood. It was everywhere.

So this is what its like being in a mafia. Killing your enemies for the hell of it. To what ...make you more powerful or get information?

I was in the driveway when I collapsed. I fell on my knees and just cried. All these emotions were flying everywhere.I saw Cole run out of his car straight towards me. I looked at him and normally I would smile but I didn't this time. He bent down and wrapped his arms around me. I felt comfortable in his arms and the tears were drenching his shirt, along with the blood that lingered all over me.

"C..Cole I can't do this. I don't want to kill people." I said

He looked at me and wiped a tear of my face "Sky you don't have to right now. I'll talk to your dad and mine about taking it easy on you. I hate seeing you cry" he said cupping my face while wiping the tears away.

I sniffled because my nose was runny form crying "How many people have you killed?"

He took a big gulp and looked into my eyes "A lot, numbers don't matter. I did it because I had too. Now come on sky I'll take you to the warehouse so you can clean up and then your dad will  take you back to your room and you can chill." he said. Cole helped me up and opened the car door for me and than walked to the drivers side.

I took a deep breathe and just sat there in the silence. Normal teenagers are out partying and being with their friends while I'm over here being in the mafia and killing people. God I would kill for a normal life. What is a normal life though?

We got to this building that looked rundown from the outside but when you got inside it was nice. Some people were looking at whatever was in this massive crate. Some were just hanging out. All their eyes were on me as I walked pass them though.I looked down at myself seeing my bleeding knuckles.

I got into this room and Cole threw  me a set of clothes that my dad had given him before he left to come get me from the house where I had killed that man.

I watched as the blood swirled down the drain of the shower. Damn,what has my life become? Every day I wonder if that if my mom was still alive would things would be different. I don't think my dad ever told her that no matter what I would be the next second in command of the most powerful mafia. My mom wouldn't of wanted this for me. They were polar opposites and yet at one point they loved each other despite my dads infidelity.  Yeah my dad fucked up when not being there for me as he should of been. I can't help but envy how now that he's with Cheryl he's always there for Jack and they have this bond that I never had.  They say the daughters are closest to their fathers but thats not always the case. True, my dad was a piece of shit when I was growing up but I see he's trying to change and be there for Jack.

Relationships in general confuse me. So many questions and not enough answers.

I don't know what is going on between Cole and I but if it was put into a Facebook status it would be 'its complicated'. So complicated that I can't really explain it. We are always together and yeah we have kissed a few time but nothing else. I know that what I feel for him isn't just in a friend way but I can't let it get the best of me. I don't want a relationship like my parents.

My thoughts roam as the warm water hits my body. But of Course I was disrupted from my shower thoughts.I heard the sound of someone knocking on the bathroom door. I turned off the water I wrapped myself in the towel so I could open the door. 

I unlocked the door and there was Cole. He smirked at me as his eyes traveled up and down my body. If he had a trademark it would be that damn smirk. I bet he could get any girl in the world and yet he spends a lot with me of all people. I'm not complaining though.

"ummmm what do you want?" I said as I stared into his eyes. Holding my towel tight against my body I stepped closer to him.

He cleared this throat  "Look I have to go  deal with some shit. Your dad just got here but I'll see you later beautiful." he said winking at me before he walked out of the room.

'Beautiful' another name to add to the list of things that Cole has called me. They're basic but I think its cute.

"Okay Moretti... I'll see you later." I whisper under my breath as I turn around heading back into the restroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

Feedback is always welcomed as long as its not like "your story sucks you should just stop writing it"

What do you think of Skylar and Coles somewhat but not a relationship.

    Just to clear things up from chapter 9-11 it was her    first day in Italy, I wanted it to be multiple chapters because her life is chaotic but that means more detailed content because it would be a hella long chapter if each day was a chapter.

Hope you enjoyed a new update will be coming soon. Don't forget to share and vote if you liked it and of course thanks for giving my story a chance.

- Liz