ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

I waited in the police station for Cole to come get me. They questioned me about what happened and I lied and told them that I had no clue. My brother and dads death replaying in my head over and over like on a loop. I felt like I was to blame for their deaths. As soon as I saw Cole I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. He wrapped his arms around me hugging me tight.

I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore and I couldn't cry anymore because I had cried so much.

  He put his hand on my cheek and wiped away the tears that were coming down my face. "Skylar I know this sucks but you can't let it bring you down... your dad wouldn't of wanted that."

  I sighed "I know Cole but you don't get that I've seen both my parents die infront of my eyes and I couldn't do anything. I should of died not max..." I said before the water works came back.

"I know and Im so sorry you've had to go through all this." he said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"I've lost everyone, Moretti...why does my life suck." I said as I pulled away from the hug. We started to walk out and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I wanted to collapse and cry until I was out of breath and the pain was gone.

"You still have me Mi amore. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. You and me till the very end." he said as we approached his car. I slightly smiled but it faded away quickly

     'Till the very end' echoing in my head. Haunting me because I know that our lives are on the line 24/7, there will always be people trying to kill us.

"Why can't the pain of all this go away Cole? Make it go away."I yelled as I collapsed into his car.

Why me? Why kill my dad or brother?  I didn't want to deal with this. Once upon a time I had dreams and hopes just like all the other girls and boys. I wanted a love that would consume me. One of those romances that you saw in cliche movies. I wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle and give me away to my husband...but thats not my life...I'm in the mafia and for me life is much different. We drop like flies and no one seems to care, they say that we deserved it. No one deserves to die in cold blood.

Cole held my hand and just sighed. I looked out the window getting lost by each and every passing second.  We passed many people who were all so happy and I know the world doesn't revolve around me but it sucks seeing others happy when I'm in so much pain.

The drive back to my house was silent. As we pulled into the driveway I got out and ran to my house wanting to run to my room and just curl up in a ball. The pain was unbearable and I wanted it gone. I should've died not max or my dad. They were trying to kill me so it should've been me who died.

     I opened the door and was greeted by Jack. He had a smile on his face not knowing what had happened.

"Sissy were's maxy? He said he play cars wif me when he come back!" jack said as he flaunted his new toy car that my dad had got him earlier in the day. I want to tell him but I couldn't bare breaking his little heart.  My heart was crumbling so quickly that there was nothing left. I bent down and picked him up  "Why are you crying,sissy." he asked as he held my face in his tiny hands.

"I love you so much jack." I said as he wrapped his little arms around my neck pulling him closer to me. He wiggled out of my arms and stared at something behind me. I turned around and saw Cole.

"AHHH its the vampwire." jack screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Rawr." Cole said. Which made me smile for a quick second but it faded just like everything else.

Jack screamed at the top of his lungs and ran up the stairs falling over the steps a few times. I laughed but then out of the corner of my eye I saw hunter. I ran over to hunter crying.

"It all happened so fast hunty, I couldn't save them," I cried out using his shirt to wipe the tears away. "They're dead hunter." I softly said looking up at my brother who once I said that fell onto his knees and cried.

From the corner of my eye I saw jack looking down at us from the staircase. I looked up then back down at hunter.

I held onto hunter until he stopped crying he just sat there slumped over. As much as I wanted to cry until there was nothing left and I felt empty, I had to start getting stuff done. The cobras won't get away with this. I'll kill each and every single one of them even if I have to do it with my bare hands. They crossed a line killing a kid. I knew it wasn't their first because of Coles older brother which they also killed. 

I grabbed Cole's hand and pulled him into my dads office. Rage, hatred, and sadness ran through my veins clouding my judgment,

"Moretti you trust me right?" I asked as I went towards my dads laptop picking it up.

"Well I kinda have to now, boss." he said as he smirked at me. I didn't feel anything I just felt numb.

"Im not your boss Cole. One day you'll be my boss and its very unprofessional to be sleeping around with  the boss." I said as I pulled his chair closer to me. The laptop pressed against my chest not wanting to drop it. I leaned my face close to his face like if I was going to kiss him, But leaned to his ear instead. 

"You help me, we get revenge. People will fear us and know not to fuck with the Italian mafia." I whispered into his ear.

"You got it babe. Did I forget to mention that this is really turning me on. You're so fucking hot when act like this you need to do it more often." he said as he stood up. I was only acting like this because to get things done you have to show no mercy. If I have to be ruthless I will. Im doing this for my dad and brother. I can't let Hunter or Jack get hurt too. They're my family and family always comes first.

I hit him with the laptop  in the stomach knocking him back to the chair. "ow" he said in annoyed tone.

"First of all I'm not your babe. I'm no ones got it? Being with someone will just distract me from what I have to do. Talk to your dad and tell him I have a plan it may take awhile but i know the outcome will be great.  I want to give the cobras the taste of their own medicine."

----------------------

Authors Note

Ahh what do you think Skylar is going to do?

Thanks for reading and another update will be soon. This chapter was a somewhat filler just to start the process of being Skylar becoming that badass that I want her to be. you've only met one side of Cole ;)

After this point things get wild and I hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and share if you liked it and if you didn't there is always the next chapter. Thanks for reading until next chapter...

-Liz