ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

I pulled the trigger without even blinking. Anger was rushing threw my veins. The lady's body slumped over and I just stood there staring at her. Was I supposed to feel some kind of remorse for this lady that got some members of the mafia killed and hurt my little brother? She was traitor she deserved it.

I tucked the gun back into my shorts to where it was hidden. Some men came and started the cleaning the area and I walked out Cole was following behind me and we said nothing. Silence.

Cole opened the car door for me and closed it after I got in.

I heard him take a deep breathe.

"Skylar are you ok? You didn't have to do this its my job to take care of these things I invited you so you could see how these things go down. I was supposed to kill her not you." Cole said while looking to my eyes.

I was annoyed I was tired of people seeing me as this sweet girl. If I want to do something I'll do it. No one can tell me anything not even the boss.

"Look Moretti I get that you somewhat care for me but I'm fine. She could of got my little brother killed. I'm not gonna become some deranged killer, no I'll only kill I have to. I'll protect the ones I love at all cost. If theres a consequence ill pay it as long as there ok."

He took another deep breathe. I could tell he was trying to control whatever he was saying. Just by the way he was acting

"Sky just be careful. I don't want you to be like me...  but La famiglia viene sempre prima" He grabbed my hand and our fingers interlocked. They fit like to pieces in a puzzle. 

I couldn't help but let out a small smile.As much I hated to admit I did like him and I wanted him but there were so many things stopping that.

"What are you doing later?" Cole asked

"I have to babysit because my dad is taking Cheryl out. I only knew about this because Hunter texted me a few minute ago ."

"Ugh I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go to a party with me" he said

I flashed a quick smile "You're more than welcome to come over Cole.My brothers can be annoying but ill make them shut up and they won't snitch about you being over."

We were still holding hands just sitting there in his car. If I could stop time I'd stop it right now. It was peaceful we weren't being chased or shot at. Its hard to have peace when we live in this world of violence and crime. I felt safe with him...

"Fine sky" he said as he rolled his eyes

As we got to my house he parked the car in the drive way. as we entered my house I heard Jack screaming so my instincts kicked in and I sprinted up the stairs and headed to his room. I smiled when I saw that it was just hunter tickling jack. Hunter shot a glance at me and stood up and walked towards me he grabbed my arm tightly "ow" I yelped out.

" Are you serious you come home with blood all over you. You need to change that damn shirt.  You're lucky Jack didn't see that shit." he blurted out

I just rolled my eyes.

"Look hunter I'm just trying to chill. I just got home and I hear Jack screaming so no shit I have blood on my shirt so please hope of my dick."

I felt a hand on my back and turned around and saw Cole. I slightly smiled. 

"What you're sleeping with my sister now too. damn sky who haven't you slept with?" Hunter said with an obviously annoyed tone.

Before Cole could say anything I grabbed his Hand and pulled him away and we walked towards my room.

"Your brother is dick. You shouldn't let him talk you like that Skylar." he said