ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

The darkness  was all around. We were stumbling around the woods like if we were blind. The only light was from the moon, snow crunched under our shoes each and every step. I looked down at jack and his nose was all red. It was freezing each breath made me grow more tired and tired.

I looked back at Cole following behind us with his gun out. The yells of the unknown men followed behind us. I was feeling weaker and weaker with each step.

"Cole I'm scared." I said softly as I stepped though the path that wasn't consumed by trees. I nearly tripped over a rock but had to keep going. Snowflakes fell upon us at a rapid rate.

"Sky it's be fine...nothing I can't handle. I've got your back my love as long as you have mine." He said as his shoes crunched against the snow.
I filled with joy when I saw the paved road. I ran when I saw a little green slug-bug trudging through the road. The road had snow on the side but very little on the road.

I put jack down and ran into the middle of the street. I closed my eyes as the car came to a complete stop inches away from me.

An elderly man came running out of the car
"You're fucking crazy get out of the damn road. I could of crashed you bitch." He hissed out as he got out of the car

I stood there and looked over at Jack. He held Coles hand  as his little body was shivering.
I looked at Cole "close his eyes." I mouth to him. He nods and throws his hands over jacks eyes.

I pull out the gun that only had a bullet left. The men that were chasing after us voices grew louder.  I raise my gun and pull the trigger without thinking twice. The sound echoed through the woods and my ears began ringing. I shook my head and waved for them to come over. They ran over jack nearly slipping on a piece of snow.  Cole slammed the passenger door closed and I stepped on the gas. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the guys that were after us stand in the street.

"Sissy what happened to that little old man?" Jack asked as he sat in Coles lap squirming trying to get away but was buckled in. 

"Nothing. We're going back home jack. I'll never let anything happen to you. I know I promise a lot of things but you have my word." I said as I gripped the steering wheel stepping on the gas harder trying to get away from this.
------
You make so many promises but how many do you actually keep?
Broken promises are all I know. I can promise the world but I don't know how things will happen.
I promised my mom I'd be a good girl...
4 murders under my belt like if they were nothing.
I promised max that everything would be ok and I'd always be his big sister and protect him but look how that ended up. He's dead along with everyone else that I truly loved.
------
We arrive to back in New York. Hunter stayed in Vegas to deal with the harpers. Only one of the kids was still alive and it was the little girl. The rest were killed. It made me question if they were really his why had he made them all so easy to find?

An eye for an eye. The cobras still looked for us but they kept on failing. It's kinda like we don't exist. One day I will explain everything to jack. It's something that I can't keep him from forever.
Cole Moretti... is always there for me. God, how can he be a mafia leader when he has the biggest heart. He can come of as an asshole but he's sweet and I guess I'm not used to it. The things we do and did were in the name of family.

In all the chaos we still managed to be there for One and other.

---
Authors note
This is a really short chapter but I hope you liked it new chapter will up byTuesday
Don't forget to vote!
-Liz