ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

The sun was shining bright. Its rays lit up the room that was once in utter darkness. I sat there in isolation. The noises from the city were never silent;it was always alive.

Life is full of so many decisions that it feels overwhelming. I really want to do what I think is right but I don't want to loose the one I care for along with it. I'm not blaming Cole or anyone for this. If I chose my family over him I risk loosing him and everything we had together. If I chose him I risk loosing what is left of my family. We have to agree on things together or everything will crumble down like a house of cards.

I get up off the bed and look to the side of it. The left side of the bed untouched. I expected Cole to come back from his little rampage but he still wasn't back. I look at the clock on the nightstand and saw 12:00 in big red numbers. I walk out of the room in my pajamas. I turn to the living room were the guys were cleaning their guns. One was cleaning a knife that had blood on it.

Hunter walked around an sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

I sat next to him and took the bowl out of his hands and starting eating the fruit loops that were in it.

"Hey that was mine!" he whined trying to reach over me and get the bowl back.

"Not anymore hunty." I said as I put the spoon in my mouth.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes and stood up. He walked back towards the kitchen.

My day went on like any normal day. The men had got the rest of the Harpers and they were being held in a house in the middle of no where. Rumor has it that Cole Called the best hitman from Italy to come down.

I jumped up when I heard  a loud bang on the door. I quickly got up and looked in the peephole and saw it was Cole. I opened the door and there he stood reeking of alcohol and eyes were bloodshot. I looked down at his fist which  were all bloody.

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" Cole slurred out with a devilish smirk.

I stood by the door frame and looked into his eyes. "What trouble did you get your self into" I asked as I looked back down at his fist. He took a step closer to me while I took a step back.

"It was nothing. Tomorrow just you and I fly back to New York. We have things to do and I don't want to be like sitting ducks waiting for the rivals to show up." he slurred out while rubbing his tired eyes

I took a step closer to him our bodies centimeters apart. I looked up at him "Don't do anything stupid Cole. I trust you and I know you'll do what right but I can't tell you what to do." I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me Inhaling his sent of alcohol.

"I'm really sorry about your parents." I said quietly. He ran his fingers through my hair with the other hand he pulled up my chin. Our eyes locked on each others.

"Don't be. Its over now and theres nothing that can bring them back. They're gone it's as simple as that."he said. I took a deep breathe and nodded. I know his parents death hurt him but he doesn't need to act like he doesn't care

"Look as much as I would love to stay I have things to do.Im going to get jack who is with Cheryl in Portland. I'll be back around two in the morning." I said as I went on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

He pouted "Can't he wait?I have needs too." Cole whined out. I rolled my eyes and walked into the room. I heard the front door slam shut. I picked up my small backpack and had my I.D in it and money.  I threw the bag over my shoulder. I felt someones arms rap around my waist. I slightly tilted my head to see who it was.

"No, Cole, you are drunk." I said as I tried to wiggle out of his grasp only he pulled my closer to him. He trailed kisses down my neck. Every kiss sent chills up my body.