ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

6 months later

I sit there in the dining room with Jack. Hunter had left somewhere and refused to tell me where just leaving jack and I against the world. Jack sat eating the birthday cake that he had gotten me with a smile on his face.

"I love you kid." I whispered to him taking a bite of the cake.

All of a sudden the doorbell rang and I groaned not wanted to get up.

"I got it" Jack said running out of the dinning room to the door. I sighed and took one more bite of cake before going after him.

I heard Jack talking with someone at the door making my heart start to pound.

As I turned the corner I saw him. He leaned on the door entry with his colorful tattoos adding color to his dark outfit. He ran his left hand through his dark brown hair and smirked.

"Hey parking lot guy." I laugh out. I always called him that to get on his nerves but he never showed it. He rolled his eyes and stepped in pulling me into a hug.

"Happy birthday café girl. I brought you your favorite, Chai tea." He said letting me go and handing me the white warm cup.

I smiled at held the cup to my lips letting the warm liquid go down my throat.

"Where is mine Alex?" Jack whined out glairing his little brown eyes at Alex.

"Yeah,Alexander Fontana, why didn't you bring him one?" I sarcastically say pushing Jack a little.  Jack stuck his tongue out at Alex and ran back to the dining room.

Alex reached out for my arm "My lady" he said mocking the people we had seen at the gala yesterday. I wrap my arm around his and walk.

"How do you go to those galas all the time those people are arrogant." He huffed out as I stopped in the middle of the hall.

"They're not that bad, Fontana." I said glairing up at him. He reached his hand up pulling my chin up.

"Beyond stupid." He said while biting down on his bottom lip.

"You're stupid" I huff out. His hands now cupping his own face with his mouth wide open. I rolled my eyes and looked down the hallway seeing Jack eating the rest of the cake.

"But you love me Skylar Ann Hayes." He softly whispered in my ear sending Goosebumps up my enter body. I looked at him and rolled my eye trying to play it off.

----

Life goes on no matter what...

My life was far from perfect, Yes, I had money but that came with cost too. The things I've done haunt me, constantly. I could try and mask it but they'll always be there lurking in the shadows waiting to come out.

I'm Skylar Hayes and my life so far had been a complete and udder mess but I've learned from everything I've been through, only making me stronger...