ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

The sent of spring filled the air. The flowers bloomed with vibrant color but the cool winter air still lingered.The sun rising slowly over the horizon in front of my eyes just like it does every single day. No matter what happens it never goes away.

I sat on the grass patch in front of my dads grave trying to compose my self. The dark jeans I wore wet with the morning dew of the grass.My fingers traced the letters on the grave as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Dad I don't know what to do. I'm trying so hard but I'm loosing myself in the process... I didn't want this. I'm drowning in all these responsibilities and problems." I said softly as my voice cracked from the tears that were coming down my face.

Frustration was the only thing that was on my mind. My phones vibrates next to me and a California area code pops up next to the number. I quickly wipe the tears and clear my throat.

"Fly out to Los Angeles we need to talk." James said in his usual deep raspy voice.

"I need to deal with something here in New York. I will head out when I can ." I said sharply.The tears no longer in my face and a fake tone plastered across the broken parts.

He sighed then hung up and that was that. I sat up and looked back down at the graves of my family members then walked away. Behind I left the little piece of humanity that I hung on to and now was back to cold hearted and get whatever I need done no matter who has to pay the price.

Back in my Porsche I sit there and go through my contacts looking for a certain someone. I hadn't talked to this person in awhile now.

My finger millimeters above the call button. I call it and Liam's name is there on the caller ID.The phone rings a few times until he finally picks it up. I put the phone on speaker as I drive through the cemetery.

"Hey you haven't called or texted me in forever..." he said. I could feel the hurt that still lingered in his words. Just the simple phrase he said sounded lonely but also lost. At one point this guy was what I thought was the love of my life. We grew up together and one day it blossomed into something else; at first it was this craving for adventure and danger but soon went to chaos.

"I'm not here talk to you Liam. Tell Your grade A father of yours that Hunter is deep water and I really need his help but he doesn't help his little secret will get out and destroy everything because no secrets stay buried." I said flatly as I raced through the roads to get to my apartment in the heart of Manhattan.

"What happened to you Sky? Are you ok because this isn't the girl I knew since I was five!" he said in an aggravated tone like I had said something wrong. Its called being honest and if he knew the things his father did he would never be able to look at him the same. No one is ever that innocent sometimes you have to get you're hands dirty if you want to succeed. Trust me I would know. I come from a family of extremely wealthy people by outsiders they're just the elite of the high class but if you know them they're all tied into the mafia.

It all started along time ago with my great-great grandpa and his lust for wealth and power and along with a moretti they formed the mafia and over time it grew more powerful. I shouldn't of been the heir because only the oldest male is supposed to run things. But my dad died before Jack even had the chance to know what going on so it just left me.

As I pulled up to the complex two black vans came up behind me. I tossed my keys to the parking guy and ran up to the elevator. My purse hitting me side with each swift step I took towards the elevators. I pressed the button rapidly but it seemed to take eternity. Five men all diverse approached me and pulled me aside causing me to drop the bag.

I didn't want to make a huge scene so I acted like I had no clue what was going on but at heart I did. They were the feds that were trying to crack down on me because they question how my dad made billions a year. They might not of fully known about the mafia but they could have been suspecting it. To the everyday people my family is just some billionaires who happened to be very influential in their daily lives with all our branches of companies but to those who know us were dangerous.

I could get away with murder with my manipulation skills but to get caught means I would of had to mess up and I never to do that. The messes are cleaned over and over again till it looks like nothing happened. We have enough problems with all the rivals and I don't need to worry about this.

The grip on my arm was tighter then a constrictor killing its prey. I squirmed in discomfort and they took me to the back were there was a small meeting room.

Hunter stat there handcuffed to the chair with two men in suits and black glasses with guns stood next to him. A chair stood empty in front of him. They tossed me on the ground like a rag doll. I got up and dusted my hands off showing them that this little thing doesn't affect me.

I looked around the small room and there was no way out. The other five men stood at the door way until it creaked open and a short old man in a tux came through. I looked over at hunter trying to figure out what he was thinking but he had a stone cold look on his face. He was looking straight at me. I glanced at the man as he dragged another chair to where it was in the middle.

"Excuse me sir but I have plans to do so if you could hurry you're sloth ass up it would be greatly appreciated." I said coldly as I crossed my legs and slouched a little in my chair.

The old man with short grey hair glared at me "Make this easy for all of us darling and tell us what the hell is going on with your family." he said coldly as he sipped his coffee in a number one dad mug.

"You have kids right and maybe grandkids? Well, how about I write all of you a check for 15 million and you will stay out of my way and let my brother go. With that money you can set your family for a good amount of their life." I said softly as my eyes met the old mans grey eyes.

The man standing to the left of Hunter turned his head towards the old man and had a huge grimace .

"You can have as much of my money as you want because she can easily make it up while you will never ever be able to make that much in your entire existence so think about it." Hunter said as he gave a cold look to the man who stood to his left.

Soon gun shots filled the room. My ears rang as I tried looking around for the gun that was tucked into my jeans. Then as quick as it started it ended body slumped around the room and Hunter lay there on the floor and the guy who stood on the left looked over at hunter. My heart sunk to the pit of my stomach as I took out the gun and pulled the trigger without hesitation and his body fell down with a thud. Hunter stood up rabidly and looked at him.

"WHAT THE FUCK SKYLAR. YOU KILLED DIMITRI HE WAS ON THE INSIDE AND THATS HOW WE WERE GETTING INFORMATION." He yelled out as he bent down and checked for a pulse but shook his head when he felt nothing.

I had killed Dimitri. He was a good guy and wasn't a complete jerk and respected me. I didn't know it was him I was a haze thinking I had lost hunter too. I took a step back looking at what i had down.I grabbed the keys to the handcuffs unlocking hunter. We ran out as the police sirens blared. Out of breathe we stood at the corner of one of the busy streets.

"I need to take you to LA. But have an open mind and never trust anyone besides me or Cole... got it Hunty?"i say heading over trying to catch my breath.