ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx

The look of betrayal plastered across Hunters face. He's brown eyes watering as he looked at me and then at the monster in front of him. It was no one else but his own mother; the women who gave birth to him and raised him had broken his heart.

"Mom? is it true?" he asked as tears rolled down his face. I squeezed his hand lightly.

"Tell him Cheryl exactly what you did and why." I said. The anger boiling inside me like a pot of boiling water. I took a deep breath trying to calm my self down the but that didn't help. I was on the last straw. Cheryl just stood there and looked at us like she didn't care.

"I only told them to kill Skylar. Hunter, I wanted Tanner all to myself but he always put her before me and I was tired of it. Always worried about her and doing everything just to make her happy because he felt guilty for not being there for her. What about me? I was his wife and I rarely saw him but she always did. She was a problem that needed to take be taken care of. I should of done it myself because you and I both know how that ended up." she said boldly as she tucked her short brown hair behind her ear and looked down at me like I was the scum of the earth. I rolled my eyes trying to control my self. I could easily end this and put a bullet between her eyes but she deserved a slow and painful death.

He looked blankly at her like if he was lost. It all happened so fast. One single gun shot echoed throughout the small white room. I looked over at Hunter as he still held the pistol in his hand. He dropped to his knees and began crying. I held onto him as he buried his head in my shoulder. 

Cheryl's dead body lay there as a pool of blood engulfed her. Hunter had killed his own mother for what exact reason was unknown but he had crossed the line and now was a murderer just like me...

Hunter had gone back to the car and I had stayed in the room a little longer. I bent down over Cheryl's dead body and spit on it. That woman was the reason why my father is dead. I know I shouldn't blame others for what happened but it was the truth. Loyalty is key in the mafia and you should never break it because that when its broken you have to pay. Once one problem is dealt with there will always be others.

 I grabbed a towel that laid on the black coffee table and dipped it in Cheryl's blood like if it was paint. 

'Blood for Blood' written across the white wall for whoever finds her so everybody knows that she deserved it. In the corner I write an S marking it as one of my doings.

-----

Los Angeles is the poster city of California. Much like New York and other cities it has its fair share of crimes. Most of those crimes are connected the gangs that run the city. Here is where the main cobras headquarters are. 

I put the car in park as we were in front of this old run down building that seemed to be abandoned. I looked at hunter as he looked straight ahead. His eyes swollen from the steams of tears that had fallen down his face.

"Just stay in the car. Don't get out, I'll be quick." I said as I unlocked the doors and opened mine.

"You just sounded like dad." Hunter said softy as his voiced cracked. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut.My shoes crunched under the gravel of the lot until I reached the door that was on the side of the building, where there was this black door.  I grabbed my phone from my pocket and looked for the password. I quickly typed in the password and the door opened. 

I walked through the crowded room trying to get to the backroom to meet James. Two guards stand in front of the doors. They looked down at me and just nodded and opened the doors. James sat in the office chair.

"Ah my favorite girl I need you to go to Whittier and deal with this lady who never payed my men for the coke." He said as he continued to look at a file of papers that were on the desk not once making eye contact.

"James you can do that yourself Im not gonna fly across the country just to deal with someone who hasn't paid you. In fact I'm done doing your dirty work. You can take the deal and shove it up your ass because it doesn't mean shit to me." I said flatly. His eyes darted to mine and he stood up. I stepped backwards but I couldn't go any further since my back had hit the door. His step quickened he lunged at me and throwing his rough hands around my throat. 

"To bad I was really starting to like you." He said in his deep raspy voice as his grip tightened around my throat causing me to try and  gasp for air. My nails dug into his hands but that didn't seem to effect him. My vision started to get blurry but then he let go. He looked down at me and grabbed the side of my face. 

His lips crashed against  mine. I tried pushing him off but that didn't do anything he held my hands above my head as he trailed kisses all over me.The mascara filled tears slipped down my face and for the first time I felt helpless.  He pulled away and just gave me a sly smile.

"I'm gonna give you hell kid. You're gonna wish you never broke our deal off." He said as he let go of me. He evil laughed as I walked out of the office. Once I past the guards I ran like hell. I quickly opened the car door seeing that hunter was on his phone but once he saw me he immediately hung up.

"Can we go back to New York I have something important tomorrow." He said in an annoyed tone. I just nodded and we were off. 

Another six hour flight, thankfully it was nighttime and I was able to sleep the whole way. Once we landed I went back to the safe zone. God I missed this place. I dropped him off and outside was this white little car whose ever that was isn't my concern. I sat in the car and just rested my head against  the steering wheel. I could see Coles house just across the street.

----

I parked in the driveway and walked up to the door. A smile plastered across my face but as  I rung the doorbell and a girl with red hair opened the door. She was in my black Versace lace robe. 

"Hi um I don't think Cole was expecting guest. Who are you?"