ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

Feeling hopeless is the worse thing ever. I don't know what happened with Cole or Jack, I just know whats going on with me. Everyday felt worse and worse until it got to the point where I became numb to it. I had never seen their face but they would beat me repeatedly until i complied to do whatever they asked. 

I laid in a dark stuffy room with no windows just one door that they locked. Cuts and bruises covered my body. I'd lost count of how many days I've been here but I knew it was enough time to change my entire life for the worst. You loose track of time every minute feels like forever and your mind constantly trying to think of a way to get out.If I would have known this was gonna happen I would have left the mafia a long time ago, no matter what anyone said.

The door flung open hitting the wall. I stood there and  some guy stood to the side as the light from outside the room lit up the his face. He stood there with a cold look on his face. His dark brown eyes locked on mine with a smug smile plastered his face.

"We have things to do today Darlin remember you do anything stupid or draw attention to yourself I will kill you and what is left of your family." He said in a raspy voice as he stood in front of me.

"You don't scare me shithead go ahead kill me there is nothing left for me to do and I will never spill the secrets you want me to so you can go fuck yourself old man." I spat out in anger.

"Watch your tone bitch." He said coldly. He stepped into the room grabbing my arm harshly.

I quickly spun around as I felt a fist collide with my face. I let out a gasp as the pain radiated threw my face stinging. I lunged at the man knocking him down and with a loud thud his head slammed against the bed frame.He wailed curse words as I put all my body weight on him and started punching him in the face.

"You're dead Hayes." He said as he pushed my off making me fall hard on the ground behind me. I quickly got up and lunged at him again. He lunged at me too and had the advantage of height on me. He gripped my hair and slammed my face against the wall. I felt the warmth of my own blood dripping down my face.

"You're a feisty one I'll give you that,no wonder why you have the moretti boy eating out of your hand. To bad too I would of had fun with you. " he whispered in my ear. I wrapped my left leg around his leg and pulled his own leg out form under him. He fell with a thud and I pressed my heel in the arch of his back.

When I thought I had an advantage the man twisted around and got me to where there was no way out I stood there breathless as I stared into the guys evil eyes. "What do you want me to do today? I've killed my own men because you're incapable of doing it yourself, you pig." I said with a tone. He wrapped his hands around my neck squeezing it. I squirm in place trying to get out of his grasp but like a constrictor he squeezed more. My vision started to get blurry, head pounding, and I was gasping for air like a fish out of water.

"Its not my fault! Oh and the boss wants to see you good luck darling." he said suddenly and letting me go as if that hadn't just happened.

I walk through long dark tunnels that had dim light and frames here and there. I stood outside of the door of an office. My hand resting on the doorknob wondering if I have the courage to open it.I slowly twist it and it opens with a slight creak. I push the door open and take a step in the office that unlike the rest was bright and had some color but in the center there was this desk. A man sat with jet black hair  looking directly at me. I tried running away but was stopped when my body collided against two large men. They pushed me down and I backed up in fear.

"Let her be Anthony and Devon. " the man said his voice sounded familiar but thats when it clicked it was the leader of the cobras.

I looked around but so no possible way out unless I wanted to be added to the list of dead people.

"Dont be scared sweetheart Im not gonna hurt you its not my intentions. What happened to you in the basement wasn't my doing. " he said reaching his hand out to help me up.

I gulped and started looking around again my heart rate going faster and faster in utter fear. He pulled his arm back in looking down at me as I still sat on the floor.

"Next time I won't go so easy on you so just listen. Tell your boss that if he doesn't pay us the 45 million the officers won't be the only problem. You don't want to end up like you're dad or brother do you?" he barked out as he ran his fingers over the stubble on his chin.

I stood up getting in his face"I'm not stupid so cut the nice shit because we all know you think you can talk a big game over the phone but I guess in real life you just choke. Is your life that pathetic that you can't leave a 18 year old girl and her little brother alone because you're so consumed in your own delusion of being powerful well news flash the Italian mafia isn't just gonna disappear were international so you can kill me but just remember I won't Be the last."  I said as I looked at him with confidence.

"Ahh and there is your feisty tone, well you need to loose it because a mouth like yours is only good for one thing and its not talking. We need you to do something for us and if you don't I will kill Jack. From the very start it was you we were after, We had help too, lets just say its someone close." He said as he gestured for someone to come. I turned around and watched as a silhouette came out of the dark.

There the step monster herself Cheryl Hayes stared at me with a sinister smile that could of belonged to the devil himself...

"You're gonna take down your own mafia for us or Jack will be dead just like your family." He barked out as Cheryl walked to him and stood next to him.

---------------------------------------------

authors note-

Welcome Cheryl Hayes back into the little mafia story anyways but after a lot of thinking the next chapter is gonna be in Coles point of view. Its gonna be switching back in forth because they're aren't togther and wherever Skylar is hasn't been revealed but don't worry they will have a reunion soon but its not gonna be a happy one thats all I have to say goodbye. Ps I'm sorry this was such a bad chapter I had writers block.

-Liz