Home or is it not?

Davina's pov

We woke up early this morning, had breakfast and then headed back up to our suit and gathered all our things and threw them into the car. Me and Kol had just put Zander and Grace in the car and got in the front, Kol is driving as always, he likes to drive especially when it's his car, he starts the ignition and pulls out of the spot we were parked in and sets off down the road.

*****

5 hours later we stop at a restaurant to have something to eat, I get a chicken salad and a strawberry milkshake, Kol gets a burger and a bourbon which I scolded him for as it's too early but I let him off the hook just this once, Zander gets spaghetti Bolognese and a chocolate milkshake while Grace has some breast milk, yes I breast feed my daughter, I breast fed Zander too and I enjoyed the bonding that I got from it and it's better for them than store bought baby milk plus Kol loves the fact that I breast feed he finds it fascinating and attractive whenever I feed Grace, Kol is always there watching with that stupid handsome grin of his, anyway I also got a small pot of baby porridge as we're slowly starting to wean her.

Once we're finished eating, I take Grace and head into the ladies bathroom to change her diaper, she smiles and makes little noises as I put a clean diaper on her "is that better baby girl?" I coo she squeals in response making me smile, I lean down and gently blow a raspberry into her belly making her shriek into giggles and I giggle at her "you're such a cutie pie you are" I coo kissing her forehead once I've dressed her and I pick her up along with her diaper bag and head out the bathroom and to our table where Kol is stood holding Zander's hand "what were you girls giggling about?" He asks with a grin "just mommy and daughter stuff" I say leaning up on my toes to kiss him "eww" Zander groans making me and Kol pull away and laugh, Zander is going through that stage where he hates it when he sees us kissing, your typical 5 year old boy.

Me, Kol and the kids head to the car, the kids are back in their car seats and me and Kol are back in the front, Kol starts up the car and pulls out of the parking space we were in and sets off down the road once again.

****

6 hours

We've been traveling for 11 hours now and I think the kids are starting to get a little restless from being in a car for a long time, so me and Kol decide that it would be best if we call it a night and book ourselves into a hotel for one night and carry on the journey home tomorrow as we're all a little tired from being in the car and I know Kol wants to rest although I did insist on switching seats so that I could drive but he refused so we're staying at a hotel for the night.

*******

The next day

We wake up at 7 am and grab some breakfast from the hotels cafe before setting​ off back on the road, the kids are awake and cheery, Zander is watching a film on the little TV we have in the back and Grace is babbling away as usual, me and Kol look at them through the rear mirror then we turn to look at each other and smile, our kids really are something special.

*****

3 hours later

We're now 2 hours away from New Orleans and we've just stopped to get some gas and some snacks and drinks well Kol and me had some blood of course but from a blood bag. We get back in the car and set off again.

****

2 hours later

We finally arrive in New Orleans "we're home kids" Kol says "yay" Zander yells happily while Grace just smiles. Kol pulls up outside the compound we decided it would be best if we stop by his siblings before going to our house, me and Kol get out, I get Grace out while Kol gets Zander out, once Kol has locked the car we head inside "hello anybody home" Kol calls out as we notice it's eerily empty I hold Grace closer to me, Kol does the same to Zander "Kol I don't think anyone's here" I say "where are they?" He mutters "Kol if something bad happened while we were gone your siblings they would've called right?" I question while looking at something "yes they would've" he replies "I think something bad has happened or is about to happen" I say Kol turns to look at me "what makes you say that?" He asks "that" I say pointing to the thing I was looking at, Kol moves to where I am and his eyes widen

 Kol pulls up outside the compound we decided it would be best if we stop by his siblings before going to our house, me and Kol get out, I get Grace out while Kol gets Zander out, once Kol has locked the car we head inside "hello anybody home" Kol...

"no" he mutters in horror "you've seen that before?" I ask "yeah twice around 900 years ago when I was traveling with witches" he says "I've seen it too but I can't remember where" I say "what have my siblings done messing with this?" He asks "we'll never know if we don't find them" I say "come on let's go to our house and you can do a locator spell" he says picking Zander up and holding him close as he walks out, I follow after with Grace in my arms, we get back in the car and Kol sets off towards our house which only takes 10 minutes to get to. We get out the car and quickly head into the house locking the door behind us Zander heads into the living room and switches on the TV, I put Grace in her baby bouncer and then head into the next room to gather some stuff for a locator spell, Kol stands by the door as I do the spell, I stop chanting and open my eyes when I finish the spell "according to the locating spell your siblings are in the tunnels" I say "I'll call them" he says pulling out his phone and dialling a number "hello Nik it's Kol me and Davina have returned home with the kids now tell me what the bloody hell is going on" he says once Klaus answers I watch as Kol listens to what Klaus is saying nods "alright but you must not leave out a single bit I need to know what is happening" Kol says before hanging up he turns to me "they're coming over here now Nik said there's something bad in New Orleans they're gonna tell us what's going on when they get here" he says "okay" I say with a nod and head into the living to check on the kids, Kol follows me "I knew this was going to happen we come only to discover my siblings are in trouble it's always the same but what I wanna is what have they done" he says plopping onto the couch next to me throwing his arm around me closing me to him "we'll know soon enough" I say kissing his cheek before laying my head on his chest while closing my eyes so I can try and calm myself.

Chapter ends there, the story will continue from this point in the next chapter. Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment