Sick baby

I know it's been a while I've been really busy with other stories and I've cone down with a bit of writer's block for this story but no stories I'm still working on it, enjoy.

Davina's pov

I sway as I rock Grace in my arms in an attempt to sooth her she's been crying for three hours now and I've tried everything to get her to stop crying I fed her, I bathed her, I changed her diaper, I read to her but nothing worked and I'm worried as this isn't like Grace she's always such a happy smiley baby she only ever cries if she really needs too so why she's crying like this I've no idea "please stop crying baby girl" I coo kissing her forehead as she continues to cry "mommy" Zander says entering the room "hey baby" I say giving him a smile "what's wrong with Gracie?" He asks worried "she's upset and I'm trying to make her happy again" I say "can I try mommy?" He asks walking closer to me "of course" I say sitting down on the rocking chair with Grace in my arms and patting my knee signalling for Zander to sit on my lap he comes over to me and gently climbs onto my lap "Gracie" he coos to his little sister she looks at him with red teary eyes, puffy pink cheeks and little tears falling down her beautiful little face "what's wrong? Me and mommy don't like it when you're sad" he says with a little pout Grace sniffles her blue eyes glistening as more tears fall "baby girl please don't cry" I coo stroking her arm my heart is breaking for her I don't know why she's crying and I don't know how to help her or make her feel better it makes me feel like a crap mom "are you sick?" I ask my little girl noticing she's burning up a little when I kiss her forehead "I get medicine mommy" Zander says getting off my lap "ask Hayley for help okay she'll know what to give you" I say he nods and runs off "Hayley!" He yells I shake my head at him he's such a good brother "it's alright baby your brothers getting you some medicine to help you feel better" I coo standing up and heading out the room to find Zander, I find him chatting with Hayley as she hands him a bottle which contains an organic herbel medicine I made with my magic it works a lot better than the human crap you get from the store.

"Here you go mommy" Zander says handing me the bottle "thank you baby you're such a good brother" I praise as I take the bottle from him and head into the living room, I hear Hayley and Zander follow me into the living room as I sit down Hope enters rubbing her eyes obviously having just woke up from her nap "aunt Davina why's Grace crying?" She asks sitting next to me on the couch "she's sick" I say "Grace is never sick" she says worried "I know maybe it's because she's teething I know how much it hurts when you teeth" I say Hope nods in agreement "yeah it hurts like a bitch" she says mine and Hayley's eyes widen in shock "Hope Mikaelson!" Hayley scolds her daughter Zander giggles "Zander" I scold lightly "sorry mommy" he says lowering his eyes to the floor and folding his hands behind his back "Hope don't swear it's bad" Hayley says as I open the bottle and stick the baby syringe in it pulling the handle until there's a decent and appropriate amount for a baby "please I hear dad and aunt Rebekah swear all the time" Hope sasses Hayley crosses her arms not impressed with her daughter "well I'll be having words with them when we get back to New Orleans" Hayley says as I slowly give Grace the medicine "that's if we ever do go back" Hope retorts Hayley sighs "we will I promise" she says "I miss daddy" Hope says "oh sweetie I know and trust me you'll see him soon now come on leave your aunt Davina to see to Grace" Hayley says "okay" Hope says giving Grace a kiss on the forehead "you'll be better soon Gracie" she says before skipping out the room Hayley shakes her head at her daughter "kids" she mutters going after Hope.

Zander is now sprawled across my bed snoring away while Grace is now fast asleep in my arms the medicine had cooled her down and she stopped crying but I worry something might be wrong with her it's this gut feeling I get I just know somethings not right with my baby girl and I will find out what it is while she sleeps using a spell that can detect if something is seriously wrong, I lay on my bed with Grace lying securely on my chest just as my phone rings without getting up as I don't want to disturb Grace I flick my wrist in the direction of my phone and I make it fly to my hand, I turn the phone round to see it's Kol calling me I smile as I press accept