comfort

I'm sorry it's been a while since I've updated but I hope this little chapter makes up for it.

Kol's pov

Me and my brother Nik watched as Hayley and Davina comforted Hope and Zander who were currently crying and shaking, we had all been downstairs when we heard them wake up screaming we all vamp sped upstairs excluding Freya who ran up the best she could, they stopped screaming when Hayley and Davina burst through the door but still continued crying and started shaking, Hope and Zander had woke up Grace due to their screaming I was going to see to her but Rebekah went to deal with her instead as she knew I wanted to stay and make sure my son was alright which he clearly wasn't. "Sweetie it's okay I'm here" Davina coos holding Zander in her arms as he cries "mommy" he cries clutching onto her top "please tell us what's wrong" Hayley says to Hope who was sat on her lap with her head on Hayley's shoulder "the hollow" Hope whispers to Hayley but we all hear what she said due to our vamp hearing and we all stiffen at the sentence, Nik steps into the room and goes to walk over to Hope but stops when both Hope and Zander suddenly clutch onto their mothers tighter "no" they both say with fear in their voices, we all frown I step into the room and I notice the hurt on Nik's face when I pass him, I crouch down in front of Davina and look into Zander's eyes "buddy what did the hollow do?" I ask him "she's here through uncle Nik and Grandpa" he says I frown in confusion "may I take a look?" I ask pointing to his head he nods slowly, I gently place my hand on his head and I close my eyes as I enter his mind so I can see what he and Hope saw.

I pull my hand back a minute later when I've seen everything I look at Davina and Hayley before looking up looking up at Nik "the hollow has gained entry into the living through you and Marcel" I say as I stand up "what does that mean?" Hayley asks "it means the hollow is haunting Nik and Marcel because in order to gain full entry into the world and to be reborn she needs a strong sacrifice" I say "she needs someone like Klaus or Marcel to die so she can use their deaths power source to be resurrected" Davina says understanding what I'm saying "well Klaus certainly can't die" Freya says from the doorway "neither can Marcel if either of them die then the hollow will get what she wants" Davina replies "contact Vincent ask him if he can figure out how to stop the hollow from influencing me and Marcel" Nik demands Davina who glares at him "while you're at it tell him if there's a way to stop the children from having nightmares about the wicked spirit" Nik adds Davina nods, I take Zander from her and hold him so she can get up "I'll be right back baby" Davina says kissing Zander on the cheek before exiting the room, I sit on his bed and hold him close to me, kissing his forehead as he slowly starts to calm down "daddy I'm scared" he whispers "it's okay buddy I won't let anything happen to you" I say "what about mommy?" He asks "I won't let anything bad to happen to her either" I say "and grandpa" he says "your grandpa is a tough guy he can take care of himself so I promise nothing will happen to him" I say.

Soon me and Hayley manage to get Hope and Zander to go back to sleep as we're leaving the room I look back at my son and sigh, this isn't fare he shouldn't have to deal with any of this nor should Hope, they are innocent, they deserve a better life and after this thing with the hollow is over I will make sure my son and daughter have the life they deserve, me, Davina, Zander and Grace will leave New Orleans and have a better life together elsewhere and that is a promise, a promise I will not break.

I'm yet again sorry for the lack of updates with this story but I do hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment