power

Two more chapters to go. This one is just Kol and Davina travelling back to New Orleans with the kids and a few cute moments. Drama will continue in the last two chapters.

Davina's pov

Me and Kol are now on the way back to New Orleans with the kids, he successfully burned Indau's body and dumped her ashes in the lake so a lot of stress and relief was off my shoulders "she's gone" I say breaking the silence I feel Kol take my hand in his "she's gone because of you I didn't even know you had the devil star on you" he says "I carry it around with me in case I run into enemies for protection" I say "you don't need it when you have your magic" he says I shake my head "my magic was no help I just felt helpless as she practically mocked me" I say "are you ignoring your vampire side?" He asks I turn to look at him "what? How can I ignore my vampire side?" I ask "it might not be entirely you but something to do with your Witch side you're the first vampire-witch hybrid witches despise vampires it could be a natural instinct where your witch side is fighting off your vampire side" he explains "you're so unique and you have a lot of power you just need to take control of both sides so you can have full access to your powers" he continues when he sees I'm a little confused "I'm scared of having full control I'm use to having just my witch side so that's the one I've mainly been dominating if I fully let my vampire side out I'm scared I'll lose control" I confess "you won't you're the strongest woman I know you can be both you already are both you just need to let both sides in and if you're scared just think our children are basically vampire-witch hybrids too they're going to be strong heck look at Zander he's such a talented young witch they will need your guidance" he says I frown "I completely forgot I'm so selfish" I say "no you're not you're the complete opposite of selfish" he says I smile at him "will you help me with my magic and teach me how to control myself so I can teach our kids" I say looking in the rearview mirror to see Hope, Zander and Grace fast asleep a smile appears on my face at the sight I don't blame them it's been a long day "of course you don't even have to ask" he says squeezing my hand as he continues to drive.

A few hours later
"How far from New Orleans are we?" I ask yawning as I wake up from my nap "two hours do you want to stop for something to eat the kids will no doubt be hungry" he says as he slows down when he nears a diner which is situated next to a petrol station and a small convenience store "yeah I'm starving I need blood" I whisper the last part so only Kol can hear "me too" he says pulling into the car park outside the diner "Hope sweetie could you wake Zander we're stopping for food?" I ask looking at her through the rearview mirror she's the only one awake while my children are still snoozing away "do you want me to wake Grace too?" She asks "no it's okay I got her" I say getting out the car as she turns to Zander and gently shakes him.

Once I've woken up Grace and got her out the car I head into the diner with the kids while Kol sorts out some blood for me and him. We seat by the window in the corner by the door "okay what do you two want to drink?" I ask as I put Grace in a high chair "juice please mommy" Zander says "same aunt Davina" Hope says "okay orange or blackcurrant?" I ask "orange" they both say "okay you two keep an eye on Grace while I get the drinks" I say they nod I give them both a smile before heading over to the counter to order "hello welcome to Boyd's diner what can I get you?" The skinny teenage boy standing at the counter says in a bored tone "could I have two small orange juices with straws, a small bourbon and a small lemonade please" I say the teenage boy sighs as he types on the till "will that be all?" He asks "for now yes" I say "okay that will be $5.65" he says I hand him $6 dollars "keep the change it's yours" I say the boy smiles slightly "thank you" he says putting the change in his pocket "what table are you at? I'll bring the drinks to you" he says sounding a lot happier than he was previously "the one in the corner by the door" I say he nods before turning to make the drinks as I make my way back to the table.

He brings the drinks a few minutes later just as Kol walks through the door "here's your drinks" he says with a smile placing the drinks down "thank you" I say "would you like to order anything else?" He asks "my husband will come up shortly to order food" I say "okay" the boy says walking away as Kol sits down "what did that punk want?" He asks glaring at the boy "he was just bringing the drinks" I say "he was smiling at you" he says turning to look at me "he was smiling because I gave him a tip don't tell me you're jealous" I say giving him a look "of course not why would I be jealous he's just a scrawny boy while I'm a man with muscles and a six pack" he says giving me a wink my cheeks flush pink "you're my husband I love you so stop being petty" I say giving him a kiss "eww" Zander says looking up from his drink "come on buddy I haven't seen your mommy in days" Kol says "eww just eww that's my mommy" he says I giggle Hope giggles at her cousin "my mommy and uncle Elijah do that all the time" she says "ewww" Zander complains shaking his head as he makes throwing up noises making us all laugh including Grace who has no idea what's going on but laughs anyway.

Kol soon goes to order food once we decided to what we want, Hope and Zander want chicken nuggets and ketchup while Kol wants a burger and I want a chicken salad as for Grace she's having milk that I pumped earlier and baby rice that Kol's getting warmed up for her.

Kol comes back with the food 10 minutes later "did you seriously wait for the food?" I ask he nods as he sits down "yes I didn't want to give that punk the chance to flirt with you" he says as he hands out the food "he wasn't flirting he was just happy because he got a tip now drop it" I say he nods as he places my salad in front of me "yes mam" he says placing the bowl of baby rice in front of Grace and handing her a spoon knowing she can feed herself "don't call me mam" I say he grins at me as he picks up his burger "alright" he says taking a bite of his burger

I soon finish my salad as Hope and Zander finish their chicken nuggets "eeghh" Grace whines bashing her spoon on the table "what's the matter sweetheart?" Kol asks pushing his empty plate aside and looking at our daughter "eghhh" she whines again continuing to bash her spoon, I stand up and take her out of the high chair "calm down baby" I coo as I sit back in my seat with her in my arms "eghh" she reaches her hand towards Zander's glass of juice making grabby hands at it "do you want juice baby girl?" I ask "I don't think they sell juice for babies here" Kol says "check the store they might sell some" I suggest he nods "okay baby daddy's going to get you some juice once we leave here" I say but she continues to reach for the glass of orange juice and suddenly the lights in the diner start flickering "what the...." Kol stops mid sentence as he watches the glass of juice move "she's doing magic" he finishes watching the complete focus on our daughters face as she's determined to get that juice "oh my" I gasp "no my juice Gracie" Zander says grabbing the glass and pulling it back to him "waaaaa" Grace cries as her attempt at getting the juice is thwarted by her brother, I reach into my bag beside me and take out her binky popping it in her mouth which seems to calm her down a little but she's still crying "I'll go check the store now" Kol says in shock that he just witnessed our daughter tap into her magic but snaps out of the shock and vamp speeds away leaving me with a very upset baby and two stunned children.

He comes back a good few minutes later holding six bottles of baby juice "they had some I bought six they should be enough for the time being" he says handing me a bottle along with the empty baby bottle, I quickly unscrew the top and pour a bit of the juice into the baby bottle "ask someone to fill it with water" I say handing the baby bottle back to Kol as I try to calm Grace "okay" he says walking over to the counter. Kol comes back a few seconds later with the baby bottle now filled with juice "here you go sweetheart" he says handing the bottle to Grace who grabs it and takes the teat of the bottle in her mouth and drinks "much better" I say in relief as she's stopped crying I can't believe she just tapped into her magic though all because she wanted juice "we should get back to the car we have two more hours to go until we arrive in New Orleans" Kol says I nod standing up while he grabs my bag "come on kids let's go to the car" I say to Hope and Zander they nod and follow me out the door with Kol in tow, New Orleans here we come.

End of chapter, what did you think? Grace has tapped into her magic and she's only seven months old. Cute little moment there hope you liked it. Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment