[One: She's Back]

Chapter 1

There was always something odd about this town. A certain stench lingered in the air. Just being back here made my skin crawl. Forks, Washington a small town. An old friend lives here.

I rolled up my window not being able to stand the smell anymore.

What's happened to this town I've only been away for awhile. They must be back.

I was driving straight to the reservation. I pulled up to a very familiar house. Parking my car, I walked up to the door and knocked.

A boy with long hair opened.

"May I help you?" He asks giving me a strange look.

"Yes I was here to visit William black. This is where he lives right?"

"What do you want with my grandfather?"

"Oh grandfather. Um who are you then?"

"I'm Jacob.Who are you?" He retorted back.

"I'm a friend, Marie Gevaudan." I told him in a friendly tone as I stuck out my hand.

He only shook my hand just to be polite, because I could tell he was uncomfortable.

I heard a clink of metal behind Jacob.

"Jacob can you leave me alone with her please." An older man in a wheelchair said.

He looked so much like William, this must be his child.

"Okay." Jacob said with an uneasy tone. He closed the door behind him leaving his father alone with me.

"Why are you looking for William? How do you know him?"

"We used to be friends."

"He's gone. How can you be friends with him if you're like 16." He had a very suspicious look on his face.

I'm sure he knows about the Cullen's.

He reaches out and takes my hand.

"You're warm." He sighed out.

"Yes I am."

"So you're not a cold one."

"I'm alive yes and I've been alive since the beginning of this tribe. I stood  alongside Ephraim Black, and I know this tribe's legend is true." I told him in a threatening tone as I changed my eye color.

"I see. Why don't you come inside. I have something for you. By the way the names Billy." He said as he opened the door and motioned me inside.

"Billy I know your father wrote down his encounters of me."

"Yes, and he left this." Billy said as he handed me a picture and a letter addressed to me.

"Oh thanks." I put it in my pocket.

"Why didn't you come sooner? My parents waited because you told them that you'd come straight back once your business in Italy was over."

"Yea I kinda went into sleep. I'm so sorry."

Sure sleep I was torn to almost shreds by the Volturi when they found out that my kind were having a meeting. They left us for dead. We were stuck in that warehouse for years. Slowly healing and rotting.

"Marie where you listening." Billy said while giving me a weird look.

"I'm sorry no."

"I was just thanking you for being a great help to the tribe and that the Cullens are back."

"Well I guess I won't be changing into an animal anytime soon." I said with a small laugh.

"Turning into an animal?" Jacob said with a confused look as he walking into Billy's and my conversation.

"You know like when running in the woods and not wearing bright colors. Hunters can shoot me." I quickly said to be a dumb excuse.

"Okay then." Jacob said still a bit suspicious.

"So Marie do you have a place to stay, and are you going to school here?"

"Yes I am going to my place. I had it renovated so I can't wait to see it. And for school I'm going to Forks High." I told Billy as I took a piece of paper out and wrote my number.

"You don't want to go to school here. It's exclusive." Jacob said in a snotty tone.

"I know it is, but I'm an outsider. Also the exclusiveness isn't my style." I retorted back at Jacob.

"Here Billy, my number if you ever need to contact me." I said as I walked out the door.

I went straight to my house. It was close to a cliff and it looked magnificent.

I went inside and looked through everything to check if it was set up. My clothes and everything else were picked out and put away.

"Well school should be fun tomorrow." I said out loud to no one in particular.

Author's Note
I hope you enjoy this story. Sorry if it's slow, but this was just an idea of mine for a story. I still haven't planned out but I know what I want to happen.